icon

sequential turn signals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikerupp 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
The top pictures has this on both square things.
F9234N
I () R 237E
24           77
I can not make out what the bottom picture has labeled on it. But the unit is ran off of a tail light signal and it is for sequential tail lights.
mikerupp 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
The capacitor is 47uf 25V.
I can not tell what size the resistors are. They are all just a solid white color or a tan color.
The resistor looking things that are painted black are actually a glossy red color (anodized looking) when the black paint is scratched off. There is also a groove that completely wraps around the center of it. Cant tell if it is supposed to be black or is because it was painted.
mikerupp 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone think they can replicate this design from what I provided? Or is there an existing design to control my brake lights in this fashion?
mikerupp 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
When wiring in these capacitors I see that one leg is longer than the other. Im assuming the longer is the positive and the shorter is negative? The short leg has a silver stripe with a minus sign in the center of it going from top to bottom of the capacitor. Would these be wired with the positive leg on the positive 12V tail light source and the other is to a ground? Or one is in and one is out on the same power source?
mikerupp 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
After looking at the diagram again, I realized that I need to put the capacitor with the negative leg to a ground source with a 10R next to it.
Still wish I could edit my posts.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic