icon

glass vin etching

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Any opinions or experiences with chemical etching of the auto window glass for theft deterrence and insurance discounts?
I see DIY kits for about $20, and they seem simple enough.
Don't know how well they really serve as a theft deterrent, since I'd think it could just as easily be re-etched to blot out the numbers, but I'm more interested in doing it for the small discount in insurance.
Wondering if all kits are basically the same, or if there's any real differences, as the sellers would have you believe.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
The company i use to work for...Made a killing doing this...Just remember to say that every step of security helps...! It is usually cheap to do...And might be a good add-on to a big job...Meaning if the customer really wants security...And you almost have them sold on a really nice 2-way...You could use it as a deal breaker..."heck, i'll throw in the window etch for free"... Just a thought...Ive only seen this done at new car dealers...Butr just about everyone who purchased the alarm...would purchase the window etch...Yes...im sure its not to hard to get rid of the evidence...but again ...every step helps...! Also see if the company has some true stories/testimoinals from other customers...And include these in some reading material in your wait-room...Might get the impulse buyers...! Heck...HHgregg is selling mattresses...and Best Buy is doing detailing...Window etch cant hurt...! And with combination of a insurance discount...Should help the sell...(include that in the reading material...)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds good, I'll give it a whirl and see how it turns out.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Seen many cars from Quebec with this..............................surprise they still get stolen.  If its leaving the country theives don't care,   just makes it less appealing to the revin guys.

Any extra deterant is a good thing, if it make the guy go to the next car, its worth it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic