icon

what 12 subs for spl monster setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atl-dreadz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
I've owned the same Pioneers you had but they were the ones before the 3002 mine were 3001D4's and I had 2 and they sounded great in a ported box.. That Hifonics amp you said you have runs 2600 @ 1 ohm and divide that by 4 and thats 650 watts per speaker... You still have 350 to each speaker before you get to RMS.. The enclosure you have them in what is the shape of it like a regular long rectangle or a square box..??
@(^_^)@
akickz 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I don't currently have them but they were in a big T shaped box. With 2 speakers in the front with a huge port in the middle and 1 speaker on each side
texasboy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Personally by my set up. RE Audio has a good variety of twelves. I started with RE se series and damn. I was surprised I was running it with a memphis 1500 watts. So i fell in love with RE an purchased XXX 12 d2. I'm running it with a rockford fosgate 20001 bd 1. And its awesome. Rockford has true power. IF re don't call ur attention FI BTL 12 are a good speaker from what I've read. Haven't heard them yet. I just ordered one of them see what's up. But from what personally heard RE.can't go wrong with RE
Mr. Whut It Dew
pcana11 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2009 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I had an apline type x 10 in my first setup on a 2000 watt premier amp and it was rediculous. so im sure the 12's are even better. thinking about upgrading back to the type x's but going with a 12 not 10
jlaudiofreak 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2009 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
First off , are you just going for SPL or a daily driver that pounds hard, there a big difference.  I true SPL setup will not sound that great for daily driven. You can still have a daily driver that can pound and sound good. As far as speakers go you can make any speaker sound good. Make sure the box is built to speaker spec most import, next make sure your amp and charging system are up to par. I have built systems for comp and for clients  and you would be suprised  how those 3 thing make a difference. I dont know what the specs are on your amp but buy speakers that will only use 80% of your amps max power. That way your not maxing your amp out and putting it under to much stress. As far as speakers go,  still use my JL12W6 since bought new so JL is my personal choice. MTX,KICKER,ROCKFORD,MMATTS, MEMPHIS MOJO those would be my top choices if I was building for a client.
spike131113 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

At the moment i got 2 pioneer premier ts-3001d4 and i think they slap pretty hard. i got them in a custom box and im pretty satisfied. im about to upgrade and get a few more and possibly run 4 or 6 of em. I would suggest sticking with pioneer, they make quality sh*$ to knock hard, and sound good.

Brandon Pieniozek
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic