remote door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silentdub 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

I am pulling my hair out.

I have an Alert Alarm, Model 400S and 2 power door lock units A2C (bulldog) Model 742 power lock units. I looked at 3 different diagrams and can't get the door locks to trigger.

The relays click, but I get nothing. When I connect the door lock unit to the battery directly, it works fine.

The door lock modules are reverse polarity, so one way locks, the other unlocks.

I found a diagram for the 5 wire setup on this site, can't get it to work.

There was a diagram in the alarm book, connected it, no go. There was a similar diagram that came with the switches, that doesn't work either. I am not using any inside door switches, I am basically going from the alarm, to the relays, to the locks.

What I don't get is the fact that the alarm has 2 outputs, it says - and +  for both the green and blue, I don't see a programming option, so I am confused.

There is a blue and green output for the locks, The green is -Unlock, and + lock, The blue is +unlock and -lock

Has anyone ever worked with this alarm before?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  

You are talking about a low current flip flop circuit driving the lock outputs from your alarm.  I'm not familiar with the make but basicly, blue can be + for lock and - for unlock the same with the green. Reading your post more carefully I think you MAY have the green and blue functions the wrong way round. Most other products use green for neg lock and pos unlock with blue for neg unlock and pos lock.  Anyway  inline diode those outputs with the diode bands towards the alarm, Lock to relay 85,  12volt+ constant at 15amps* per two motors to 86 and 87 on both relays. Ground to 87a on both relays, lock solenoid motor wires from 30 on both relays , unlock to 2nd relay 85. It's just like the diagrammes here.  A five wire is almost identical to an add motor or add actuator diagramme. Just be very careful when you wire your relays, also once wired check your alarm units output to the relays.

* 15amps per two motors. Relays clicking, are you giving them a constant 12v+ to 86 and 87? Are the grounds (87a) OK? Is there an output from the relays?

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of vehicle, and what wires of the vehicle did you connect to the alarm?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
What kind of vehicle, and what wires of the vehicle did you connect to the alarm?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
silentdub 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:

The car does not currently have power locks, so it is basically a new install. I tried both green and blue and couldn't get it to work properly.

I am going to give the alarm company a call, because they show the actuator and the correct schematic in their book and I have it wired exactly like that, so I would expect them to tell me something.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Yoiu must use the following diagram and you have to have both the blue and green wires connected to the actuators for them to work.
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic