icon

can't get an amp working arg

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ztheg1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
can't get an amp working arg -- posted image.
Okay so I'm having a lot of trouble getting the top to fire up.
The bottom amp is a 4 channel Interfire amp that runs 175 X 2 into 4 ohms which i have wired up to the 6x9's.
The top amp is a Bazooka amp 70 watts x 2 into 4 ohms which i have wired to the subs. This amp i cannot get to work (Blue circle)
My signal source is an ipod (represented by the PSU koozie). The yellow circled source is output to the car's speaker system, the pink circled source is output split to the two amps. Now here is the weird issue at hand.
-The interfire amp works regardless, when I fire it all up it's on it pushes the 6X9's great and has no hitches regardless of what goes on.
-When I just run signal from the ipod to the amps and don't include the car system (yellow input unplugged) both the bazooka and interfire amps run fine at full strength.
-When I plug in the car system to the ipod source the bazooka amp's protect goes from green to red after about 1/3 volume added to the car system and cuts.... the interfire runs fine.
-When I pull the power from the interfire and have just the bazooka running it has the same issue. The moment i try to run the bazooka with the car system as well, the protect goes off when i reach about 1/3 volume on the car system.
I'v tried adding another ground to the battery and adding another ground to the bazzoka amp. I have reached the extent of my knowledge and internet search ability on this one and could use some help on this one.
Thanks in advance!
|
~Zack
2001 Pontiac aztek
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
If you used a line out converter for signal from your factory head unit, ground the brown wires on the Line Out Converter.
Or if you have a Pioneer radio, http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html
ztheg1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Signal is coming from the ipod into the RCA connector on both amps.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
While i dont have a response to your question...I havent seen a "natty lite"(natural light) in a long time...I bet if you drank a better beer...It would be comparable to staying at a holiday inn express...!? Then you wouldnt even need us here...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
ztheg1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2009 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
our strategy is usually bring your own 6 pack than 5 cases of bud light than when you can't taste the beer anymore drink natural light... saves a good bit of money! Hence the leftover in the back.
boxhead78 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
first thing you need to do is disconnect power from both amps get a power .then take a power spliter which would be a 4 or 8 gauge inlet and 8 gauge outlets for both amps.ground your bazooka and interfire amps to the body of your aztech.then both of your amps will turn on
boxead78
ztheg1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
really dude? Not that I don't appreciate the advice but c'mon you don't think i did that stuff? : -)
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
I suspect the signal level from the iPod is simply too low for that amp, although I am surprised the amp goes into protect mode.  In any case, you probably need to adjust the gain (input sensitivity) of the amp every time you change to the iPod input (and then remember to adjust it back when you switch to the HU.)  A much better solution is to use the car's HU and run the iPod through an aux input adapter instead of connecting directly to the amps.
Support the12volt.com
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I do agree with the beer comment.... better beer is a must!
wooddogg 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2009 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
 dude do you see that install??????????????? thats it,im logging out
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic