Viper 5902 vs 7901?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
sneakycyber wrote:
I noticed when watching the Video on yuobute that the 5902 has an input for the tilt sensor. What other dedicated inputs does it have aside from the usual (trunk, hood, door, stage 1 and 2 shock. Specifically for the 506T Glass break sensor, secondary shock sensor (this doesn't need a dedicated input) And lastly the Radar sensor 508D or similar.
The unit only has the hood, trunk, door, and multiplex inputs. Using the bitwritter, you can assign what sensor is connected to the multiplex input. You can choose from tilt, glass, shock, motion, etc. It DOES NOT have more inputs than the previous models, just the ability to select what shows on the screen.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
hurleyloser wrote:
sneakycyber wrote:
I noticed when watching the Video on yuobute that the 5902 has an input for the tilt sensor. What other dedicated inputs does it have aside from the usual (trunk, hood, door, stage 1 and 2 shock. Specifically for the 506T Glass break sensor, secondary shock sensor (this doesn't need a dedicated input) And lastly the Radar sensor 508D or similar.
The unit only has the hood, trunk, door, and multiplex inputs. Using the bitwritter, you can assign what sensor is connected to the multiplex input. You can choose from tilt, glass, shock, motion, etc. It DOES NOT have more inputs than the previous models, just the ability to select what shows on the screen.
would this work if I will be using the 5902 remote on my 5901 alarm?
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Someone asked that question before. It's either in this thread or you'll need to search for it. Off hand I don't see why it wouldn't work...
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I am still waiting for my unit to be shipped since it was apparently back ordered. What is the default setting for the multiplexed input. I don't have a bitwriter yet.
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I think default setting is shock sensor, but I could be wrong; and faded, yes the 5901 and 5902 are interchangeable.
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
hurleyloser wrote:
I think default setting is shock sensor, but I could be wrong; and faded, yes the 5901 and 5902 are interchangeable.
Yeah I know thanks, But do you know if the functions work with the 5901? like I seen on a # demo of the remote it has the sensor and tell each one what has been triggered!! is there any difference in the install or you would just have to program it with the bitwriter?
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
yea they will still work, you still have to program what you would like the sensor to show up as on the screen. Only difference is on the 5901 remote it will only show up as text.
Troc4434 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
when starting out to hook of one of these alarms, do you disconnect the car battery or leave it hooked up during the install? do I start by hooking up all wires to the alarm 1st or the bypass and remote start module hook up and programming?
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
Depends on the vehicle as to disconnecting the battery. A lot of GM models will lock out the radio as an anti-theft measure if it loses battery power. Others it may trigger the check engine light. Probably need to check with a dealer. As to where you start it really is up to you. Find a place to mount the "brain" then you'll be able to decide which way you'll route the wires. I did the remote start first. Take your time and double check all wires to make sure you have the right one, These guys on here are very knowledgeable and helpful. Ask questions if your not sure. If you haven;t done any installs or are at least mechanicaly inclined you might think twice about DIY. Good luck
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
not a good idea to disconnect the battery for the install of an alarm/remote start. You will need to test your wires, hence the need for the battery being connected. The most important thing to remember is to test your wires with a digital multimeter before making your connections!
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic