icon

prostart ct 3200 remote programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Zero10 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2009 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I checked all of the power and ground wires as you suggested and everything is correct. After much frustration I ___FINALLY___ got this licked.
I went to Canadian Tire to see if I could borrow a replacement antenna or brain to try swapping them out and while I was there I saw that they had the CT-3300 on sale for $45, cheaper than the brain for the CT-3200, so I took a gamble and got one. Unfortunately the first one had several broken components inside and was used, I returned it and they replaced it with a CT-3310, which has a smaller box and a different antenna. The antenna is labeled S-1 instead of R-1, and it has a tiny little nub instead of a big long antenna.
I put in the antenna and on the first try I got the new remote programmed (unfortunately my old 2-button didn't work with it), however the buttons were all mixed up, lock was correct, unlock was start, etc. I swapped the brain for the CT-3310 one and re-programmed the remote and tach and now it works perfectly.
The moral of the story is, the antennas break, for no apparent reason they just break. If yours stops working and cannot be programmed then replace the stupid antenna. For what it's worth, pro-start tech support told me it was impossible for the antenna to break and that it had to be the module, I think I have just proven otherwise.
Finally the remote start works, my wife can warm her car from the bedroom and I am done screwing with this thing.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic