icon

Eclipse DA7232 or JL 1000/1?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dohcser 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
There is an X-over built into the amp, however the JL X-over seems to be a better piece.
I too was thinking the same thing about the amp. Why buy 2 JL when one Eclipse can do the job. But many people have been giving their opinion on both amps. I have not heard from anyone that actually owns the ECLIPSE DA7232 or 7122.
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  

This must be one bad ass eclipse amp -- if it can do the job of 2 JL 1000/1's.  I have 2 Titanium 15's each with its own precision power pcx-1500.  The eclipse titanium series are very power hungry, the last thing that you would want to do is under power them.

-Cy

drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
Its going to be extremely hard to find a person who had purchased that Eclipse amp, for a couple of reasons. One, being that its 1000W RMS x2 @2ohm. And not many people need that much power. Secondly, because the people that need that much power dont want to spend the money on an amp that is as expensive as the Eclipse is. Third, if someone did have the flow to buy one, and didnt think twice about it, they probably wont be on this site asking others about it. They are the guys that dont care about their wallets and just ask the sales reps at the shop they got the amp from. The JL is not as expensive, and a lot more common. Less watts for one. You also wont find too many people with the Crossfire VR2000D for the same reasons.
I have personally sold 6 of the Eclipse Titanium Subwoofers, they are definitely 750W RMS. Eclipse tests them with 750W for 96 hours straight. With that in mind, you definitely want to give them power. I know the Eclipse amp can get the job done, or they would not have put it on the market to sell. Eclipse designs and releases products all year long. The only company that I know of that does that. The reason that they do, is because they continually work on prefecting their products, and they release them as soon as they think they are good enough for the customer. Other brands, just wait around until the following year. When Eclipse releases new products they are 99% of the time.. BADASS
dohcser 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
drvnbysound wrote:
Its going to be extremely hard to find a person who had purchased that Eclipse amp, for a couple of reasons. One, being that its 1000W RMS x2 @2ohm. And not many people need that much power. Secondly, because the people that need that much power dont want to spend the money on an amp that is as expensive as the Eclipse is. Third, if someone did have the flow to buy one, and didnt think twice about it, they probably wont be on this site asking others about it. They are the guys that dont care about their wallets and just ask the sales reps at the shop they got the amp from. The JL is not as expensive, and a lot more common. Less watts for one. You also wont find too many people with the Crossfire VR2000D for the same reasons.
I have personally sold 6 of the Eclipse Titanium Subwoofers, they are definitely 750W RMS. Eclipse tests them with 750W for 96 hours straight. With that in mind, you definitely want to give them power. I know the Eclipse amp can get the job done, or they would not have put it on the market to sell. Eclipse designs and releases products all year long. The only company that I know of that does that. The reason that they do, is because they continually work on prefecting their products, and they release them as soon as they think they are good enough for the customer. Other brands, just wait around until the following year. When Eclipse releases new products they are 99% of the time.. BADASS
Well I think all your points are valid except one. The one about "Third, if someone did have the flow to buy one, and didnt think twice about it, they probably wont be on this site asking others about it." I wanted to know if anyone is running this amp and what they think about it.
Now as far as prices the Eclipse is 1000x2 @2ohms for $850.
The JL is 1000 x 1 @1.5 to 4ohms. This amps is going to cost me around $650 a piece. Total = $1300.
I do like JL feature of 1000W at 10V to 14V, but if I can save $450 and the Eclipse amp is really what it saids then the asnwer is clear, but this is why I wanted people opinions on the Eclipse amps.
drvnbysound 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
I was speaking with respect to retail pricing. The JL 1000/1 retails for $1,100.00. And I believe, just recalling from memory, that the Eclipse retails for $2000.00   This is what I meant by, "If the person had the money to buy the amp, and not think twice about it." Usually, a customer who is looking to buy an amp for $2000.00, is going to take the advise of the shop they are going to purchase the amp from, over the advise of unknown people on a website. Thats just based on my knowledge of being a sales rep at a shop, as well as selling car audio equipment online.
dohcser 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Wow didn't realize that the Eclipse retails for 2G's. Anyway did you ever install one or heard either the 7232 or 7122? If so what did you think?
drvnbysound 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2003 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have yet to personally use any of the other Eclipse amps besides that 2 that I have myself. Eclipse and Focal are 2 brands that I never got to hear in other peoples vechicles before I got them myself. After extensive research on both, I have come to the conclusion, that any of their products, from either brand are really nice.
I went out on a limb a few years ago when I purchased my first set of Focal components, which were the 165K2's. No one around here has even heard of Focal, and when I ordered them in, I was taking the chance of wasting $425. Probably the best chance Ive taken with car audio equipment. I would be willing to do the same with Eclipse products. I believe in them that much.
dohcser 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2003 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well that is definately good to hear, I guess I will be providing a review within a month on the 7232. I also ordered the 6.5" Elcipse Components, I will be running them with a set of 6.5 Image Dynamics with Horns.
drvnbysound 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2003 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Good luck with your installation. I recently sold a set of the Image Dynamics mid-bass drivers, and horns to a customer of mine. He said they sounded really nice.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic