icon

97 Mustang remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jefgor 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 97 mustang GT i put a prestige APS 785 remote start car alam ect. system on it.  Everything works on it except the remote start sets off the factory passive anti-theft system (PATS) which then shuts the car back off.  I have a wiring diagram on the system but don't know how to make the APS 785 shut it off the factory alarm. Please help
Jeff G.
Derek 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Jeff,
Your going to need an additional bypass kit to get around that pats system in order to remote start it.
You can get one from your ford dealership, just go to the parts dept. and tell them you need a "Kit #1" for your Mustang, their around $25.00, this is the best way to go so you won't need a 3erd key.
Oh, you'll also need an active output during start from you remote start system to activate this bypass.
Derek.
jefgor 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks i got the kit how do i wire it in please help.

Jeff G.

Jeff G.
Derek 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Jeff,
For beginners, find the negative "Active Out During Start" wire coming from your system. This wire goes to the BLACK wire going to the FORD BYPASS KIT. The RED wire coming from the BYPASS KIT goes to the vehicles'
1st IGNITION WIRE. If theres a WHITE WIRE coming from the BYPASS KIT, your not going to need this,cut it off.
As you can probably tell the LOOP of the BYPASS KIT has to be mounted around the IGNITION CYLINDER.
NOW, your going to need both your key's.
Put the fist key in and turn the ignition ON, wait just 2 seconds and turn off the Ignition and quickly insert the second key (within 5 sec.) and turn ON the ignition again, wait 2 sec. turn off the ignition and now QUICKLY
remote start the vehicle. If it starts, GREAT! If it don't the security light will flash and you will have to try the procedure all over again. Don't worry, sometimes it takes a couple of tries. GOOD LUCK and keep me posted!
Derek
P.S. Email me if you need immediate help and I'm not on the forum. derek@autoalarmpro.com
jefgor 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2003 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

Hey i put it in and tried to program it but when i tried to remote start it wouldn't and then a few seconds later  the parking lights flashed five times my install manual says it is an "RF shutdown, Remote signal recived, or manual start trigger reactivated.  I tried several times What do i need to do. Please help

Jeff G. 

Jeff G.
jefgor 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2003 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry i was wrong its only flashing four times Install manual "controll switch off" but the remote start works a few seconds later but sets off pats please help and thanks for your help so far.

Jeff G.

Jeff G.
jefgor 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

The kit i got from Ford was for a 99 model but they said the pats system hadn't changed could this be causing my problem and if so what should i do please help. 

Jeff G.

Jeff G.
corrin50 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
lets see if i could help try to use the dei  555 couse wen i went to ford they had problems with their remot start install and ijust done 2001 crew cab and a excursion no problem
jefgor 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

where do i get the dei 555 Thanks

Jeff G.

Jeff G.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic