icon

camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tko plumb 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Recently I had a clicking under the hood and could not start my car. I assumed it was the batterycamry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image. so I had it jump started. After replacing the battery and driving it about 20 miles the battery was dead again. Alternator was no good. Replaced that as well and now the car won't start at all and won't even turn over. No instrument lights come on other than the open door light and the hazards and headlights. Nothing else works! The battery is brand new and the connection are good.  Please help!!! PS I am a girl by the way/. I think I have a blown alternator fuse. Going to replace tomorrow. I hope thats what is causing this problem because I am at my wits end with thing. I also have an after market anti theft device that disables the starter. I hate to have to spend any money because I just bought a brand new battery AND an alternator!!
- Okay so now I have replaced battery, alt, and 100 amp alt fuse and I Have all my power back  HOWEVER..... I have this demon living under my parking brake that is disabling my ignition called Karr2020. I have disconnected all the wires, fuses that I could from the thing and I dont know what wires are connected to my ignition. I have called karr and their number is NO GOOD and called Toyota who say "its aftermarket...cant help ,but please do have it towed to the nearest dealership for more money than the car is worth!" I need an excorcism for my poor little practical 94 Camry! Can ANYONE help me !! If you'd rather not post public PLEASE feel free to email at tkoplumb@gmail.com. I would be so grateful!!
- Oh and P.S. No I dont have the one fob that I got w the car it has been long gone and the valet switch never worked I tried that before I disconnected whaT ALL i COULD...
tkoplumb
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

So now what is it doing...? It does not start/crank...? Here is the color for the starter wire(below)...It should be in the main ignition harness(thick wires)...This harness would be coming from where you insert your key...Just on the backside of course...There are probably other spots where you see this wire...But start at the key cylinder and follow it down...Make sure this wire has not been cut and a starter kill/relay/little black box with wires coming out of it is not attached somewhere(im guessing this is your problem...the starter wire has been cut and a starter kill installed...Did the car die while driving or after sitting...?)

Starter 1BLACK/ WHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

You should sede these wires also in the same harness/location...!

BatteryWHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.Ignition 1BLACK / YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.Ignition 2BLACK/ ORANGE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.Accessory 1PINK/BLUE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.Starter 1BLACK/ WHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Here's what you could do, trace all the wires from the alarm to their points of connection, cut them off, and insulate, and make sure all wires from the ignition harness have been re-conected to the original status, if you still result in no start condition, then i guess that would rule out the alarm. camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
boxhead78 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
hey i know you are hurting but have some one from a shop that install alarms to disconnect the  whole thing ,or do it yourself by disconnecting the red wire or pull the fuse from the red wire .have some body look at it anyway just to be safe
boxead78
tko plumb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Okay I am now pretty sure I have gotten the brain disconnected so there must be another problem. I  had a Backyard Joe remove it (Of course he knew EXACTLY what he was doing... camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.)and now my car still wont start. Wont even turn over. Halfway through the process his girl got mad and he left the job with wires (A big red one under relay (?) for ignition (looks important but I dont know) hanging out and I didnt want him back. He disconnected the wrong wire by accident maybe(?). Does anyone know what the wiring should look like right under the steering column by a relay?Anyone know where this red wire goes? Simplest laymans terms would be greatly appreciated as I am a girl relying on common sense only, not expertise.Thank You!
tkoplumb
tko plumb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.
tkoplumb
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
I can't let you be tortured any more.  Once you pull the alarm off its plug, look to the BLACK/ white lead from ignition switch to fusebox.  Can't be more precise because ours were on the other side of the car!  Make sure there are no cuts and if there are rejoin. N.B. This is assuming that the various warning lights come on but the engine wil just not turn over.
tko plumb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.
SOOO Sorry for the messups!!! camry 94 need alarm excorcism desper -- posted image.
tkoplumb
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
OK I was right as usual,  look at the picture, your BLACK/ white has been cut and joined, to a red and black via the blue tubular (butt) connectors on the right of the picture. Join the black to the red, remove that awful square blue connector with its orange wire, the block at the bottom is the immobiliser relay base, just remove. you're up late, it's 8:45am here.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

What happened...I kept the phone by my side but no call...Then you let the backyard guy touch it...? *shaking head*...Anyhow howie said it best...Cut the red and black from the box/sqaure/relay at the box...Strip wire and solder...Just kidding...But you should at least crimp that connection...!

OK I was right as usual,  look at the picture, your BLACK/ white has been cut and joined, to a red and black via the blue tubular (butt) connectors on the right of the picture. Join the black to the red, remove that awful square blue connector with its orange wire, the block at the bottom is the immobiliser relay base, just remove. you're up late, it's 8:45am here.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic