icon

power door locks with remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ned4spd 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
I have just installed a autostart 1775 system in a 1996 intrepid 3.5. The install went fine the remote starter works but what I have having trouble with is the power door locks. behind the fuse panel on the white connector is the lock and unlock wires and I have spliced into those but the door lock and unlock function does not work. any ideas. I have searched the net for 2 days for this answer and came up with nothin. thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
power door locks with remote start -- posted image.Power UnlockPINK/VIOLET(+)POSITIVE TRIGGER
power door locks with remote start -- posted image.PowerLockORANGE / WHITE(+)BEHIND FUSEBOX AT DOOR LOCK RELAYS
ned4spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
can i just splice into those wires or do i need to run a relay setup. I know the wires I spliced into are correct i used my test light to make sure whern the switch was activated it would change polarity.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
you need a relay set up.
ned4spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
how do i setup the relay. can i use the door lock relays that are already there in the front of the fuse panel and just jumper into it.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  

Do you have a meter...Have you checked output on r/s...? How about in the car...? Are these the colors you have...? They are positive trigger...Does your unit even offer + output for door locks or is it just -...?

Power UnlockPINK/VIOLET(+)POSITIVE TRIGGER
power door locks with remote start -- posted image.PowerLockORANGE / WHITE(+)BEHIND FUSEBOX AT DOOR LOCK RELAYS

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

I had left this page up...Sorry...didnt see responses untill i posted...Anyway...If it is negative trigger use this diagram...

power door locks with remote start -- posted image. Convert a Negative Output to a Positive Output
If you have a switch or an alarm or keyless entry that has a negative output that you wish to use to switch a device that requires 12V+ such as a horn, dome light, parking lights, head lights, hatch release, etc., wire a relay as shown below to convert the negative output (trigger) to a positive output.
power door locks with remote start -- posted image.
Here's the same configuration showing a negative output from an alarm or remote keyless entry used to activate a trunk release solenoid that requires 12V+ to release the trunk.
power door locks with remote start -- posted image.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
ned4spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
no problem!! i believe it is a positive imput becuase when you are at the wires it is grounded. when u hit the door lock switch it becomes positive and the latch operates. The wires you stated are correct and those are the ones I am sliced into. So i need to go buy 2 relays and run the wires like in your diagram
ned4spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
i am on lock white with orange trace and unlock pink with purple trace, on my starter diagram it says the lock and unklock feature is a (-)
ned4spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
|Can I use this setup so I can just use my existing relays. got this from a reply from this site about same issue
If so then your door lock wires can be found in the fuse box to the left side of the dash. Remove the fuse access panel you will see three relays towards the front of the car. The two top relays are lock and unlock....you can look at the back of the fuse panel to see which one is lock and unlock...
pull the relays straight out of the fuse panel. You will see 5 pins..
   _
   _
*|   |   |
The relay socket will look like this, slide your wire from your autostart into the bottom far left pin. the pins on the bottom row are small and the two top pins are large.
Relays are setup for negative trigger already.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic