the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

rear speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, if you can turn down everything and you still have the hissing then you probably have a poor ground or your equipment is just noisy.  where did you ground the EQ? did you use the factory ground from the radio or did you make a new ground? 
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
imupabove wrote:
yeah i thought so too.
and for all the people that said this can make my system sound worse man my system sounds and feels so much better with this EQ! no hard feelings i can understand why people mentioned that though. i love this EQ.
You guys will never guess what my money is on.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

Bet i can! rear speakers - Page 3 -- posted image. LOL

imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
yeah, if you can turn down everything and you still have the hissing then you probably have a poor ground or your equipment is just noisy.  where did you ground the EQ? did you use the factory ground from the radio or did you make a new ground? 
my EQ's and headunit's ground wire is connected to my car's wire harness (black wire/-12 volt wire). i cant find a good solid ground for both. you follow me? is this why its making that hissing noise? thanks.
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
my EQ's and headunit's ground wire is connected to my car's wire harness (black wire/-12 volt wire). i cant find a good solid ground for both. you follow me? is this why its making that hissing noise? thanks.

Probably

imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
so i should find a ground (chassis) for both, eq and the headunit?
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

I would. 

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
soundnsecurity wrote:

a god spot to ground might not be very obvious. you might need to run a wire down to the metal under the dash but a good ground that is a bit long is always better than a short bad ground. and try to use a reasonably thick wire

i am an idiot 
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Grounding all components to the same location will sometimes help with noises like yours.  You may want to ground the radio and eq to the chassis of the car somewhere under the dash.  Then take a 10 Gauge wire also connected to that same point, then run it to the where your amps are grounded, and connect it to there too.  The above will probably not help you, but bypassing the eq will at least keep us from chasing our tail. 
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
cool. i should of thought of that, grounding some where under the dash. no i need to find a long ground wire.
"Then take a 10 Gauge wire also connected to that same point, then run it to the where your amps are grounded, and connect it to there too"
is this necessary?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic