icon

envoy door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2009 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
has anyone tried using the dome light wire in the cieling for alarm trigger?I don't have an under dash light and I don't want to go in the doors!This is an 06 envoy with a scytek 500 combo unit.I am using a GMDLBP set up for type 1 .
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2009 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  

Try at the harness behind the light switch.

envoy door trigger -- posted image.All Door TriggerGRAY/BLACK(-)AT LIGHT UNDER DASH
envoy door trigger -- posted image.Domelight SuperGRAY/BLACK(-)IN HARNESS AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
That didn't work either,This truck is killing me!I installed a scytek 4000 yesterday and I couldn't get the truck to crank long enough to start,i tried tachless and tach,it would just crank for a split second then shut down,I then installed a scytek 5000(all i had left)it seemed to be working,Then i tried it again and it's doing the same thing as the 4000,The lock symbol on the dash stays solid and I can do a key takeover so I don't know what else to try...
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2009 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

Astro shows the triggers for the front doors INSIDE the doors, same color as idiot has.

The pass. doors are in  each side running board. lt.blue/blk left door, lt.grn/blk, right.

The "dome sensor" is listed as the grey/blk INSIDE the door. This is also used to shut the radio off after run time if the

bypass module you are using does not.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

prdjr165 wrote:

The lock symbol on the dash stays solid and I can do a key takeover so I don't know what else to try...

the passlock antitheft isn't properly being bypassed.

au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
how hard is it to run a wire from one of the dome lights? It will take an all of 10 minutes out of your time.
Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have used the gray/black at the overhead light many times. It is a positive trigger, just run a wire.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2009 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
The GMDLBP list some thing in the instrucions about connecting one wire from their module to your alarm, and another wire from their module to the car's domelight...........that's never worked right for me, and not for any of my co workers.
The "door trigger output" from the GMDLBP will catch the two front doors, as well as the tailgate, even if you don't connect anything to the domelight.......it just won't catch the two rear doors.
You could run the positive door trigger input from your Scytek directly to the domelight in the headliner, however: A, it won't work if you disble the domelight using the dashboard switch, and B, it'll probably false if you let the remote starter time out before getting into the car and doing takeover.
Unless Trilogix has improved the GMDLBP, those are your two options, short of running wires into all five doors.
I would go with the first option and live without monitoring the rear doors, but that's me.
P.S. Doesn't the Envoy have a domelight directly above the driver, off to the side? It's super easy......just pop the lens off and the whole lamp comes right out. When you pull the weatherstripping down to run your antenna wire, you can easily run your door trigger wire there at the same time too.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thge early years of Envoy have the light over the drivers door, they sure were easy to get to. However, later years went to a light dead center of the roof. The RS won't trigger the alarm when it times out as the light doesn't come on afterwards. The only drawback is like Chris stated, the interior light switch must remain on...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic