icon

polar star not working after a year

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
linedriver 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
well, i installed my polar start remote starter/alarm model PS7450TWFM about a year ago when i bought it. i initially installed it at around october, and then parked my car between december and may. at the time i parked my car, and brought it back out again, everything was working like it should.
at around july, i woke up one morning and tried to start my car with no luck at all since the unit itself wasnt responding to both the remotes i had. i unplugged it completely and went about my day so my alarm wouldnt constantly be going off. my initial thoughts were that one of my connections possibly came loose, so i rechecked every connection and everything was solid, so i put the unit back in and programmed it. the programming was successful, but i noticed that my alarm siren was barely putting out any sound, so you can barely hear anything at all let alone grab anyones attention with it.
currently, my issue is that tonight, when i tried to put it into valet mode, it didnt respond to it at all. my first thought is that my remotes battery was dead since it has been a couple months since i put it in, so i went inside and grabbed my spare remote. my spare remote didnt work either. so i figured i would reprogram my remotes as it probably got erased somehow. i flashed the hood pin, and got it into programming mode, but rather then my unit flashing 5 times, the light came on and stayed on and that was it, same for my other remote as well. i also tried resetting the unit itself, and im running into the same problem, it doesnt want to reset itself.
does anyone know what happened to my unit, or what may have caused it to do such things? i have just about had it with this remote starter that im tempted to switch it out for a compustar one after i park my car for the winter.
linedriver 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2009 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
not sure if this matters or not since the unit was working fine at first, but the car is a 1990 nissan skyline

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic