icon

2001 silverado with viper 791xv issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
senorbob999 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2001 silverado ext cab. I had a viper 791xv alarm and remote start installed over 4 years ago. the alarm worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. all of a sudden i started to nitice a couple of things that didnt happen before. now when i arm and disarm the alarm from my controller the lights on my truck do not flash. the siren still makes the beeping noise when armed or unarmed but the brakes and marker lights no longer flash (the used to). second the alarm every once in a while triggers my check engine light on, i got a obdII reader and it gives me the "Password Incorrect" code. i clear the code and within a day or 2 is comes back on. Third, the trycks remote start system works when it wants to. sometimes it does and sometimes is doesnt. I tried going to the stereo and alarm place that installed it for me but they "TANKED" (went out of buisness) almost a year ago. i emailed DEI and they said to take it to another authorized dealer to have a look at it. I called a couple of other alarm places and they want between $75-$150 just to look at it. Does anyone know what the heck is going on? is it a fuse? a bad alarm brain? is there anything i can do to fix it? any help or answers is deeply apreciated.
oh and one more thing, the trucks runs fineeven with the alarm acting all wierd.
thanx
senorbob999
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a fuse for the lights that don't blink anymore, Are you sure it's the alarm that causes the check engine code? I think you better pay the asking fee of the shop to have it checked professionally!
cvsct698 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like your alarm is no longer or never was connected to second ignition. I'd get this looked at ASAP or you could run into tranny problems. (gotta love GM's) Don't use the remote start until this gets fixed! For the parking light issue check the fuse from the alarm first. If that's not the problem, leave it for a tech.
audioimage2010 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

if you know something about car electronic this will help you,first all the wires hook up from the alarm to you truck most be soldering special the remote start wires.parking lights issue,it  most be a fuse check the wire white,follow it and get to a fuse.and the check engine light issue ,the second ignition most be hook up to an powered wire.

i hope this help to you.

audioimage2010
senorbob999 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
when you say "must be hooked up to a powered wire" do you mean 12 volt constant or 12 switchable? i have a pretty good knowlege of car electronics. i checked the fuses and like you said the white wire's fuse was blown and now my lights blink when i arm and disarm my alarm. thanx for your help.
senorbob999
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Twelve volts powered as a second ignition!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic