the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

programming a ford remote start keyfob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tonyq 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a 2004 F150 FX4 supercrew. I bought this truck with a 2W7Z-19G364-AA code remote start/security system previously installed. It came with a three button key fob and everything works fine. Except the remote start. It has never worked.
I found an installation manual and an owners manual for this system on line and everything is there and appears to be connected properly. The only thing missing was the proper remote transmitter. I purchased one of these from the Ford dealer I bought the truck from hoping all I would have to do is program the transmitter. I followed the procedure outlined in the installation manual, the owners manual and the vehicle owners manual with no luck. It's as if this function has been disabled.
This is the first vehicle I've owned that has a remote start or security system so the whole concept is new to me. The more I research this the more I think I have to take it to the dealer to have it programmed. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

This is the info you have...? http://documents.codesystems.com/701065.pdf

Adding Remote Controls to Your System:

The system has the ability to operate from up to eight (8) remote controls. Follow

these instructions to add a remote control to your system.

1. Make sure the security system is disarmed and the ignition is off.

2. Open the driver’s door.

3. Turn vehicle ignition on.

4. Press and hold programming/override button under the instrument panel.

After 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three (3) times. This indicates that the unit

has entered the remote control programming mode.

5. Release the programming/override button.

6. Press the lock button on the remote control to be programmed.

The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has learnedthat

remote control.

7. Repeat step 6 for any additional remote controls.

8. Turn the vehicle ignition off to exit the programming mode. Test all remote controls

to ensure that they work properly

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tonyq 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
programming a ford remote start keyfob - Last Post -- posted image. It worked!! Thank you!! I'm not sure what I did differently but this time it worked. I was sure I tried that sequence with no success. I think I was not disarming the system. When I did it this time I made sure there were no flashing lights. Wahoo, I've got a remote starter that works! programming a ford remote start keyfob - Last Post -- posted image.
The owners manual I have shows a 6 button transmitter. The one you posted has the same style transmitter I have.
Thanks again!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

And just a small donation and were done...j/k...but good stuff...There are several units that have a similiar model #...Sooo...probably wrong manual!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tonyq 
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Well it worked for a day. I'm not sure what happened but I went to use the remote start the next morning it wouldn't work. So, I got in the truck to start it and the siren/horn went off as soon as I put in the key. Then, it acted as if the battery was dead. So I boosted it and everything is fine but the remote start doesn't work. When I try it I can hear something happening. It seems to go through some sort of cycle but stops short of turning over and starting.
Well, that where I'm at now. I haven't had a chance to research it yet. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.programming a ford remote start keyfob - Last Post -- posted image. Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic