icon

ported box calculations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
no_joke_chevy 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys like the title said i need help asap. im trying to build a ported box by thursday. i know how to build a box i've built a couple the problem is that i built all sealed and now i have to build a ported one for some one and its been so long i forgot how to do the calculations, i learned how to do it by hand and i dont know how to do the whole calculator thing ive tried  and got more confused below is all the info i have on the subs and i can't figure out the min. port dia, how long port has to be one said 245 inches...wow cant figure any of  this out..just lost can u please help one last thing what does ported COMPACT  1.5@35 OPTIMAL  2.0@33HZ

TRUNK SPACE

42" WIDE, 15" HEIGHT,ROUGHLY 10 OVER THE HUMP ... BOX IS GONNA BE SHAPED LIKE THIS CAUSE OF HUMP

ported box calculations - Last Post -- posted image.

re audio sx 12"

12"

Mounting Depth - 6.9"
Mounting Hole Diameter - 11.2"
Overall Diameter - 12.5"
Bolt Hole Circle - 11.75"
Motor Width - 7.3"
Motor Depth - 3.44"
Basket Depth - 3.46"
Displacement - 0.16 cu. ft.
Weight - 24.5 lbs.

Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.32

Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 4.4
Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.30
Free Air Resonance -Fs: 30.6 Hz
Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 47.6 liters
One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 22 mm
Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 88.1 dB SPL
Effective Piston Area -Sd: 480 cm^2
DC Resistance -Re: 1.9 ohm
Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2/4 ohm
Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 1000 W
Force Factor -Bl: 21

ported 1.5@35Hz  2.0@33Hz

no_joke_chevy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
the title before i posted it said i need help with a box asap
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Using sentences makes a post much easier to read.  Please read the forum rules and write in regular sentences.  What is it you're trying to calculate, the internal volume of your proposed enclosure?
Support the12volt.com
madspeed 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Using sentences makes a post much easier to read.  Please read the forum rules and write in regular sentences.  What is it you're trying to calculate, the internal volume of your proposed enclosure?

Really? I think its pretty clear hes trying to figure out the port dimensions.  Sorry that some of us are uneducated (like myself)

whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2009 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
There is a slot port and a round port calculator on this site. You can use those instead of doing the calculations by hand. You could also download WinISD for free and use that.
The compact enclosure size is going to be the smallest enclosure that RE would recommend. The optimum is what they believe is going to be best for that sub.
mrdond 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Go to RE audio's website... There is a box building page specifically for their subwoofers.
Be original yet acceptable.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
madspeed wrote:

DYohn wrote:

Really? I think its pretty clear hes trying to figure out the port dimensions.  Sorry that some of us are uneducated (like myself)

Really.  You should probably read the forum rules too.

Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic