icon

concept 600 w/roll, intellistart probs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yayoboy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

thanks again for reply scirocco, the windows are now sorted, swapped live and earth round, and also swapped motor connections to suit, only problem was that i lost the illumination on the switches, which i ripped apart and swapped the led round, so now is a ok!

going back to the intellistart, i have not got the master remote, just got lost over the years and cant seem to find it! (if any one has a master fob for sale along with a tilt and motion sensor to suit a concept 600, and a 3 pin comms link cable, let me know!)  back on subject, i have kind of got the intellistart working, but its with the black green earthed, i am not going to leave it like this as i want to do it safely, i just wanted to prove it worked... so im still stuck really untill i get a master remote? by the way, i have the hand brake cable connected to the earth side of the hand brake when pulled up, is this correct? thanks, sean

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Well done with the switches Sean, I was waiting to see how you would handle the ilumination "issue". N.B. For you future refs, only Mercedes, some Lancias AND early (pre 99) Polo used that form of switch wiring.

Ref Scirocco, you're right, you can only programme manual safety start set-up on the remote via the Wiz, the programming grid doesn't do it. I just checked my old dealer manual.

Sean, handbrakes all go to ground (earth) when pulled up, that's correct and the manual safety start wire (blue/green) from the I/Start goes there. Disconnect the GREEN/ black from ground, take ALL your Intellistart red and black wires to the battery.

Engine running, handbrake up, side button twice, button three, (9.00 o'clock)  should hear three faint clicks,remove key, engine still running, fire up alarm, engine should shut down.

Yes I've got genuine early G4 remotes but the laterG4/early G5 style "Radar"  remotes, blue LED and Clifford logo as shift changer will work even better, also the later blue LED is interchangeable.

I've got files on the Con 600(not on the DEI trade website any more) and I/Start if you pm me with your email address.

yayoboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for reply on  howie, im finished for the day on the car now so will try what you suggest tomorrow. i believe i already have the red wires all going to permenant live and the one black one to earth, is that correct? also, i have been on the wizard earlier to look at programming my companion remote, to do the manual trans start as suggested, is the function i need to program 'auto start/manual enable', there is no 'manual trans start' option, thanks all, asean
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ref your last post, all answers are YES
yayoboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, plus thanks for email. will try in the morning goodnight all!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic