icon

viper alarm antenna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spaspecker 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
is it possible to use a viper alarm without the included antenna? I have the chance of a VERY cheap viper 771xv for my partners car because the antenna is missing - the 2way feature of the fobs isn't necessary on this install, as well as the use of extra channels, so will the alarm function as a basic arm/disarm lock/unlock without the antenna? please also bear in mind replacements are NOT easy to come by here in England! also, could I interface the remote start add-on of this alarm with my existing viper 5000 on my own car?
fredddy9 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
why is somebody selling a car alarm without an antenna VERY cheap ??
the answer is simple: because the unit is broken.
spaspecker 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
fredddy9 wrote:
why is somebody selling a car alarm without an antenna VERY cheap ??
the answer is simple: because the unit is broken.
FYI the unit isn't broken, it's brand new in the box and uninstalled - the reason the antenna is missing is because it was used in another install in a hurry, the original antenna on the seperate install was removed along with a damaged windscreen and so needed replacing in a hurry and this viper was the only thing to hand to provide a donor antenna
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

That 771xv, is not a full alarm per say, it doesn't have a door trigger wire, but it does have, immobiliser, remote start and two way led paging. It cannot funtion without an antenna, if however you would like to integrate it with your 5000 alarm system the antenna will not be necessary, because the 5000 fob would be doing all the transmitting and recieving!

P.S the 5000 antenna can also work on the unit, you may however have too change the order of the wires on the antenna harness!

My advice- integrate it with the 5000, alot safer and easier, you would the get, alarm, immobilser, two way paging via lcd and not led, remote start and shut off! along with other features

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Actually replacements are VERY easy to get in England, Armour Auto.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic