icon

2004 malibu, python 580

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m1kebab 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Does any one have an install guide for a pyton 580 2 way remote start/keyless entry. i am installing in a 2004 Chevy Malibu Z body
m1kebab 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Python 580 into a 2004 malibu (new body Style). My wiring diagram says that my car does not have a starter wire. Can any one tell me what I need to do to hook it up.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
m1kebab 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
 I have read this and I still don't understand. Does the remote start output wire attach to the accessory wire or does it not get hooked up at all?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

One of the guys from the US would have to verify this, but, i think the vehicle starts by seeing the ignition on, and having the accesory wire voltage drop out! I'm from trinidad, was just trying to get your post going! Sorry i could not have assisted you further! Good luck!

installjunkie01 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
dude, u need a relay & 2 resistors, E-Mail me @ pikl01@sbcglobal.net, & I will send u a diagram on how to achieve this!!, basically, the 2nd starter, & 2nd accessory are 1 in the same, therefore they need proper resistance values respectively
m1kebab 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
I am wiring a python 580 in a 2004 chevy malibu. the wiring guide says that this car does not have a "starter wire". The computer tells the starter to crank when it sees voltage on the ign. wire and a drop in voltage on the acc. wire. I have been told that I need a relay and two resistors. I know what ohm resistors to buy, but can anyone help me with a diagram on how to hook this up.  Thanks
amaddox 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
On this vehicle you will need a relay,  cut the second start wire, key side to 87a,  30 to other, nothing on 87, 86 the blue ground when running wire,  and 12v on 85, Once you come off 30 you are gonna want to take your 6.3 Resistor to your ign wire on r/s to the wire off the 30, then program your second ign to second acc, and do the same to the same spot with the 9.6 resistor, hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic