icon

3 cvr 12 kicker 2 ohm dual voice coil

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redrundgren1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
i have 3 12" 2 ohm dual voice coil kicker cvrs and a kicker 450.2 amp.  besides buying a new class d mono amp, can i run 3 of these on this amp and it sound good. if anyone can let me know if its worth doing i would appreciate it.  i bought the the 2 subs and the amp for my nephew and got a third sub free from where i work.  he does not have a lot of money so i am trying to make this amp work.  thanks
rob r
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
You could try to bridge it at 3 ohms, but that amp is only rated to be bridged at 4.  There is not really enough power to run 3 of those subs either. Probably better off running two at 4 ohms stereo in a good box. 
redrundgren1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  

i did see that if you ran all three in series it would be 12 ohms and they recommended 1 2 or 4 ohm amp.  does that sound possible

rob r
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2009 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

At 12 ohms, you will get almost no power out of the amp.  It is stable to run at 4 ohms bridged, or 2 ohms stereo.  The only way you really have to run all three would be at 3 bridged or 12 bridged.  3 ohms is a little much of a load in my opinion, but kicker builds a pretty tough amp and would likely handle it.

Your best bet, as noted before, is to put two in a good box, run at 4 ohms stereo.  This will likely be louder than the three in any configuration with that amp.  Other option get an amp that is one ohm stable in the 1000 watt range.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic