icon

audiovox pursuit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
circus boy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
i think the model is 901 or 910 its the kind that the dealership will install for you,its in a 1999 honda civic.
now it seems to be in valet mode but the led is not solid its blinking,you can open the doors and the alarm wil not go off,it has a toggle for the valet i was wondering if i could us a push button valet switch to get in to programing? cuz i can't get it in to programing with the toggle switch.
I also installed a jti add on remote start that works off the audiovox remotes second channel.all worked fine for about a month now when the car is remote started the remotes(audiovox) will no longer work even when only 2 inches from the antenna.
i'm gettin the car to look at it on wed 4/2/03 and its my moms car so i need to get it fixed asap lol thanks in advance
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
the remote star turns the ignition on so there for the alarm sees the ignition on and shuts most things off in almost all alarms out there now there is not a programming issue there is an issue of one either using a starter kill setup to interupt the ignition wire going to the alarm or to if you have a good remote start it will have an ignition output on it. connect the ignition output of remote start to the ignition input of alarm and what will happen is everytime the remote start is on it will trick the alarm to think the car or key is still turned off and when you put the key in car and step on brake it will now know the ignition is turned on,. this iw your reason your audiovox alarms remotes will not work. for further info email me and i will help you either way.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
circus boy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
i have the ign out put of the r.s. to the yellow input of the audiovox, so i know its hooked up fine,the problem with it its that the remotes worked fine for about 2 or 3 months now they won't work with the car started,
   like i said also with out the car running the alarm will not trigger,no chirps with arm/lock or disarm/unlock, but the led stays flashing. the parking lights flash on arm and disarm,but with the system armed the alarm will not trigger if i open a door or strike the car<no lights flashing no siren>

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic