Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowtag88 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
hey everyone.
i just got and wired up my setup but theres no bump. heres what i got:
kicker 07DCVR122 and a single channel 750 watt kicker amp. also wired in parallel is a tsunami 1.2 farad capacitor.
as for the wiring of the power: i have the cap and amp wired in parallel.
the car has a factory head unit. so i intended on tapping into the rear speakers - making sure positive went with pos and neg with neg.
everything up to the amp works.. except theres no bump from the sub..
the amp can turn on and off by itself. it will sense the audio coming in. if i unplug the rca cables that are tapped to the rear speakers.. the amp will not turn on and off on their own.
i had the amp set to hi level audio input, and to dc offset auto on. the bass boost was all the way down. the cross over freq is set to about 65. and the gain is as like 5.. adjusting any of those did not make a difference.
i have a relatively thin wire going from the amp to the sub box.. and i know i should change to a more reasonably sized wire, but i dont think that is enough to prevent any sort of bump at all..
please advise. im going nuts trying to think of what i did wrong..
i went to radio shack, and the guy who worked there said he has wired many subs before. and said my wiring was correct. and couldnt think of what the problem was.
thanks,
Fred
shadowtag88 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
its a 97 subaru legacy.. with factory head unit. so no preamps..
the sub is an 07 model. and the amp is an 08 model.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a meter...Check your ground...So the amp goes on and off with the car when the rca's are in...But stay's on when the rca's are removed and the car is shut off...? Or doesnt come ON at all when the rca's are removed...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
shadowtag88 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
Do you have a meter...Check your ground...So the amp goes on and off with the car when the rca's are in...But stay's on when the rca's are removed and the car is shut off...? Or doesnt come ON at all when the rca's are removed...?
what should i be checking the ground for...? the amp lights up..
the amp will auto matically turn on and off along with the radio/car only if the rcas are plugged in. if the rcas are not plugged in. it does nothing and stays off.
shadowtag88 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
and i meant what should i check the ground for in a non argumentative way.. i just wouldnt know what to check for.. other than a positive voltage.. but i know the ground is good.. if thats what you meant..
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Balance the radio first left then right.  Does it bump when balanced to either side?  Or unplug one RCA cable at a time. 
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
If you are using rca's, the amp should be set to low level input.  High level would be the speaker level input
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:
If you are using rca's, the amp should be set to low level input.  High level would be the speaker level input
This is WRONG for this amp. The ZX line from kicker only has rca input and is used for both the high level and low level inputs.
Straight out of the Kicker user manual:
......If a low-level stereo RCA output is not available on the source unit, the signal can be delivered to the amplifier using the high-level speaker outputs on the source unit. Set the input level switch on the end panel of the amplifier to “HI”. Crimp and solder RCA connectors to the end of the speaker wire running from the high-level speaker outputs on the source unit and connect the wire to the RCA Inputs on the end panel of the amplifier.
no bump wired properly 12 cvr/ 750.1 - Last Post -- posted image.
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

Didn't see that he was using the factory h/u.  My bad

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic