icon

my system w/ problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sinn 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, this is my first post here so please be gentle. my system w/ problems -- posted image.
I am an old school installer, from about 20 years ago and always install all of my own stuff. I'm slowly recuperating some car audio items, after a recent theft.
The recent stuff is:
Alpine 9853
(2) 10" RF P1's
Orion HCCA 225 (Gen 2)
The stuff that didn't get stolen:
Arc Audio Foose series 6.5 components (front)
Arc Audio 4x10 coax (rear)
I just hooked the recent stuff up this past weekend and am having almost a full-range sound coming from the subs, slightly muffled though. I have beat my head in trying to adjust the headunit, it's a cruddy deck compared to the Pioneer-6900 that got five fingered.
I was wondering if I could just add some inline LPF's to the subs or should I just take a hammer to the Alpine and get another Pioneer??? my system w/ problems -- posted image.
Thanks for all replies...
sinn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Nice prompts - My truck is a 00' Chevy Silvy, ECSB, 3door my system w/ problems -- posted image.
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
That was a pretty monster cheater amp back in the day. Capable of 1/4 ohm loads for burps and 16 volt charging systems. Very popular in especially in the lower wattage classes like 0-100 watt. But I'm pretty sure they didn't have on board low pass crossovers. I know my VLX-25s from USamps didn't. If not like I am thinking. The deck settings will get you no where. You simply need to add a low pass crossover to the mix to filter out the unwanted frequencies.
my system w/ problems -- posted image.
sinn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
I bought some 100Hz filters tonight, so I'll see what it does tomorrow - Thanks for the reply J.Reed
00' / Chevy / Silverado / Ecsb
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Yes let us know how it does. If that works but is still not getting you the desired cut of frequencies you may look at doing an electronic crossover. You can get them for pretty cheap. The best part of going with an electronic type, is being able to have instant adjustable freq ranges just by a simple twist of the dial.
sinn 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
These are the filter I bought and they worked as promised! I still think I need to take a hammer to the Alpine receiver and pick up another Pioneer!!! my system w/ problems -- posted image.
Thanks for the help!
00' / Chevy / Silverado / Ecsb
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Dude... I had to observe a moment of silence for the loss of your 225... I had one, I loved it. SO sorry for you your loss! my system w/ problems -- posted image. BAStidges... my system w/ problems -- posted image. Why can't people just keep their hands off stuff that isn't theirs?
That being said...
sinn wrote:
I still think I need to take a hammer to the Alpine receiver and pick up another Pioneer!!! my system w/ problems -- posted image.
NOOOOOOO!!! The Alpine is WAY better! In both SQ and reliability, plus, FAR less chance of alternator noise... If you do get another Pioneer, it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE (OK, so "absolutely imperative" is redundant, but so is PIN number and ATM machine, but everybody uses those terms all the time too!) that you remove the negative battery cable AT THE BATTERY, before connecting any RCA cables, but most especially the RCA cables between the amp and the deck... No, really... I do mean I-M-P-E-R-A-T-I-V-E... If you read through a bunch of those threads linked in there, you'll notice that MANY times, without the poster even telling us it was a Pioneer deck, we were able to guess that it was a Pioneer.
Prone to noise anyway, if you blow the RCA ground trace inside the deck, it'll be like having a hairdryer blowing in your ear all day long! :)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with haemphyst on the pioneer decks. They are very prone to noise. The steps he provided will help to keep the noise issue from arising so easily. I also agree alpine makes a very good sq deck. I my self prefer Kenwood decks. If you can get over the looks Eclipse makes some very good decks. To me they look retarded but they are very good.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic