the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

sony 404eqx....

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Sony 404EQX 4-channel amp that has worked great for the past two years. Now it has started cutting off more so when the volume is up. I looked at the amp to see that the offset led is on. It also has two other led, one for thermal and one for something else. I can't find my owner's manual to see what this is. Any idea's
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

So are you saying that the offset light IS on?  Or is not on?  And what about the other lights?  All I can think of would be dc input voltage light, and thermal protection light.

T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2003 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
The other lights are thermal and current. Those lights don't come on when this happens. When the amp shuts off the offset light is the only light on. Turn the car off and then back on and the amp comes back on and everything works until it happens again. I have the amp bridged to two channels running a set of Focal 165v 6.5" components at 2x100watts. I assumed this would be ok since Sony says that's what the amp would put out when bridged to two channels. The only other thing I can think to say is that this didn't start happening until after one of the 6.5's had a problem with a loose tinsel lead. I took to a speaker repair shop and had it fixed. The speaker itself sounds like it always has. could it be that the repair has changed the ohm load on just that speaker causing the amp to shut off?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic