icon

matching sub and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtparker18 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I have a 13w7 (ported) and a 1000/1 in my expedition.

I want some more power and was wondering if a Fi BTL 12 or 15 and a Hifonics Brutus BXI2610D in a ported box, would be better in my SUV.

I don't want to spend a ton on my new system (I've already spent a ton on my current one and found this to be in my range).

Also, I have 4g power right now, would I have to upgrade my wire? and to what size? Thanks guys!

j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
A Fi BTL 15 with double the power you have now in a good ported enclosure should be louder than the JL 13w7. Guessing (+3 to +6db)By general rule of thumb. But quality would not be as good. The Hifonics amp you suggested as a replacement to the JL 1000.1 you have now would barely give you any added output than you get from your current amp. The numbers from the hifonics amp very over rated. Thus you would most likely not even be able to distinguish the difference becuase you would not be getting "double" the power. Thus just wasting money IMO. I would add another JL 1000.1 and a BTL 15. If you are wanting to truly gain anything that could be heard by ear. Also with that much current draw you are looking at a high output alt and 0 gauge wire.
matching sub and amp - Last Post -- posted image.
mtparker18 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
What other amp (less pricy than the jl) would you recommend?
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Well to buy an amp that is not inflated on numbers you are going to haft to pay more. Plain and simple. You do get what you pay for in quality.
For a true 2000watt RMS amp new. You are looking from $400 to $800 even off the net.
Rockford Fosgate t20001bd would get it done. Ebay you can get them for just under $600 new
matching sub and amp - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic