interchangable wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sinn 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
00' Chevy Silverado
I have a 5 or 6 year old Crimestopper CS-2016FM that doesn't work any longer, I was wondering if the wiring connection and harness ends are the same with a more updated alarm.
(Meaning that I could just unplug the brain and switch it out with a newer CS model brain?)
Is this possible?
thanks...
00' / Chevy / Silverado / Ecsb
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Although im not to familiar with that unit...Im guessing the odds are against you...Might be able to find a refurb or used init somewhere...Probably just call Crime stopper and ask...BTW...Why doesnt it work...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
number2 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Even if you can't find one that fits the original harness all the dirty work is already done. Get a wire diagram of the old and cross reference it with the new and 15 minutes worth of splicing in the new harness.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Unless the wiring is what caused the old unit to fail...I normally dont use the "old" wiring...But im a shop and have that whole warranty issue...Sooo...hey why not!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
sinn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
Although im not to familiar with that unit...Im guessing the odds are against you...Might be able to find a refurb or used init somewhere...Probably just call Crime stopper and ask...BTW...Why doesnt it work...?
I don't know why it doesn't work, I have installed everything myself in my truck EXCEPT the alarm. I just don't like messing with them...
Thanks for the other replies - I was hoping for an easy switch, but I may have to bite the bullet and get a new one!
Thanks for the responses
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
The models that most resemble your unit are the CS-2012DP-TW1 / CS-2014DP-TW2-FM / CS-2016DP-FM / CS-2900DP-FM.
These are about 2 years old and have been replaced by the current models about a year ago, so you may still be able to find them.
sinn 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm just going to switch all together, I've called Crimestopper customer service several times in the last month and haven't received a call back - I'm done with crimestopper...! interchangable wiring? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic