07 subaru impreza 2.5i and python 872

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaotik78 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have the following.
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i wagon (non-turbo)
Manual transmission
I have soldered in all the wires that I need for my particular application but the system fails to remote start. The lights flash seven times.
I have been unsuccessful in locating the tach wire off the ECU. I've gone after all the green and "mint" colored wires with my dmm and haven't come up with anything that fluctuates when I use AC settings and step on the gas with the car running.
I saw a post for someone who had a STI who was told to use a fuel injector wire. I would try that but I do not know which one.
Second, is the neutral safety switch. My manual for the python states that I have to hook this BLACK/ white wire up to the emergency brake
. Then I would leave the dip switch to the "on" position. This would force me to have to follow a unique shutdown procedure which is what DEI intended, fine with me.
The e-brake switch shows 12v roughly when it's disengaged, and 0 or 1,2v when it's engaged. Is there a wire at the ECU I can use instead.
Third, do I need to perform a clutch bypass in order for the car to start? I understood that with this model being made for a manual transmission, the clutch bypass was not necessary?
If anyone can share a tip I would appreciate it.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

Try programming the unit to voltage settings! Also you would not need a clutch bypass unless you have to depress the clutch to start the vehicle!

Use that wire you found at the e-brake.!

metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
you can try blue at an ignition coil for your tach, the injector is a mofo to get to if its a boxter engine or green at the ecu pin 18 is the camshaft position sensor..it works wouldnt recommend it.
you can connect the starter after the cluch relay and be done with it, but if you hooked into it before the relay, which im guessing you did, your gonna have to test the wires at the clutch to see if its a negative, positive, or opened or closed clutch...and just do whats nessicary for it to active the relay for the clutch..
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Well I found the injector wires for my 07 2.5i. I grabbed injector 1, solid pink wire. The system would not start unless I depressed the clutch pedal.
In regards to the clutch relay, I wired the remote start heavy gauge wires to the appropriate wires specified from the DEI manual. There wasn't a listing for the clutch relay.
I did test the clutch switch, 12v when it's not depressed, and 0v when it is. Wondering if I can use some 200ma wire output from the alarm and hook it up to the switch.
Lots of this seems to be just "winging" it seeing that DEI does not like to share any knowledge on this sort of thing.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
No takers eh?
Well I managed to damage something that won't allow the car to start now regardless of weather the remote start is hooked up or not. The clutch switch is either fried or broken now, due to lack of information currently on the web about which wire to use.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2009 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
a clutch is mechanical, you cant fry it with wiring lol
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I realize the clutch is actually mechanical. I am referring to the switch mounted on the clutch pedal.
I disconnected the remote start/security module. Re-attached the cut ignition wires, put key in ignition, pressed clutch with transmission in neutral, tried to start, nothing.
Which is why I'm confused because of all the fuses both under the dash and in the engine bay, nothing is burnt out.
But now, the car will not start because of this switch it seems, but it has continuity and I checked it with my dmm.
I ended up taking both wires and testing them by attaching one wire, GREEN/ black to ground and that resulted in being able to start the car regardless of wether the clutch is pressed or not. The second wire, GREEN/ YELLOW, when I grounded that wire, the switch acted as it should have.
The flipside is that I can't get my remote start shutdown sequence to work with it this way, the remote gives me an error warning.
In anycase, I'm not happy with the current setup considering something is broke and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is now, even after I removed the entire alarm/remote start system.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

check the installation book. when it flashes 7times, its a diagnostic, so check what 7flashes means

nvm, just read the recent post. when u turn the key, does the radio or ignition come on at all?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic