python1400xp in 05 santa fe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tamt20 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2009 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, so now a new wrinkle.
Today I tried to start the car with the key and it worked. As a matter of fact, I was not able to make the key not work! regardless of how I started or locked or unlocked the car.
What could cause the starter kill to work randomly? is there anything? should I get a new relay? and by the way, the relay the other guys were talking about, is that something that is built in to the car or something with the 1400xp?
I have a strong feeling that when we try to start the car tomorrow it will only start with the remote. but I'll keep you posted about that
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2009 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
you can't change the relay, it's built into the remote starter. Well you could change it, but it would not be something I'd recommend.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tamt20 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, so I just purchased a valet switch and led. They should be here by the end of the week.
Is there instructions on how to program it in the installation manual? or do I need to get that info from somebody on here?
Thank you all for your help.
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
there should be instructions in the install guide (not same as owner's guide) but if for any reason you need help, we'll be here to walk you through it as well.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tamt20 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
"2. Obtain a valet switch and LED, the install guide for the unit, go into the programming menu and turn the starter kill feature off. You'll still have anti grind, but no anti theft"
Where do I find the "starter kill" feature? My installation guide doesn't have that as an option. (a starter kill relay in mentioned in the book, but not in the programing section)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic