viper 5901 remote start trouble on 02 wrx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wildacex187 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
first some info
car: 02 wrx with 04 sti full swap (wiring included)
alarm: viper 5901. remote was fully functional till this morning.
symptoms: woke up this morning to go to work. hit the remote start and sounded like it went through with confirmation, then 2 seconds later i get an error. i sat in the car to see what the problem was. the car starts but still sounds like the starter is engaged and little and grinding and then turns off.
i've searched on google and i have determined that either the alarm has "unlearned" the tach or the tach signal has been disconnected one way or another. is there a way to see if i can teach it the tach signal with this alarm? my installer kept the installer/program book for the alarm unfortunately.
thanx guys.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
if it was installed at a shop, bring it back to wherever and have them check it out. last thing an installer wants is for someone to mess around with their work. if they messed up then let them fix it.
wildacex187 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
its been almost 3 months and havent had any problems till now. i bet its something really simple viper 5901 remote start trouble on 02 wrx -- posted image.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
if its a reliable shop, they will do lifetime warrenty on the install, and lifetime on the brain since most companies offer it. doesnt hurt to swing it by the place you got it installed so they can check it out.
wildacex187 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
they didn't warranty it because the car is a manual and i wanted the remote start. if anybody can answer the part about about the teaching i would really appreciate it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic