icon

interior pro's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customturds 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hey ckeeler, thanks that is a great way to make some dashes work I'm sure and will keep that in mind but I don't think it'll work for this one.

Because this is a "dash unit" and not a pad for say I don't think that will work for me. I HAVE TO be able to re-use this unit somehow.  By "dash unit" I mean it has the glove box, heater controls, cluster, stereo, part of the console, all are part of this unit so to do it like you said ckeeler I don't see it happening.

But again thank you, I'm sure I'll be able to use that method on another.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
customturds wrote:

it has the glove box, heater controls, cluster, stereo, part of the console

yea, so.......

there should be no problem with all of that.

if you still cannot figure out how to do it the way i described, post pics of what you have so far, and ill hold your hand through the entire process interior pro's - Page 2 -- posted image.. god why did i reply to this post?

Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
At this point, it will be a bit hard to help since we cannot see what it is you are working with. I liked cheeler's approach of going the moldmaking route, but still, we are assuming some things when providing a solution, we still do not know exactly what setup you are working with.
If you do not have a camera, at least find pictures of the car you are working on, and the dash from the other car model, that you are integrating into your target vehicle...
I will be of better help once I have the visuals, otherwise, myself and or others will, in the end be a bit frustrated.
It would be like trying to tell you how to cut someone's hair over the phone...we have to see what you see
Hope that helpsinterior pro's - Page 2 -- posted image.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
customturds 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

I will figure out a way to get you guys some sort of pictures, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks guys.

squires500 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2009 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
depending how new you could try some very crude work, strapping the two halve together id say by cutting out groves in the flesh of the dash and resining and screwing in some bars then going to an interior repair place and having the dash welded together. then re wrapping in vinyl. but this is very very crude, and depending on where you live will most likely split down the middle later in life.
if i was to personally do this i would build a custom dash of my own i find it easier and your going to all the effort why not have something very different.
wanting the stock look take out all the dash "components" and go ckeeler's route with a moulding and you can even mold most of the mounts for the dash components
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic