icon

viper 4203v remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcoop25 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone, this is my first post here so be gentle. I am in the process of installing a Viper Responder One (4203V) remote starter in my 2007 Honda Fit. As a disclaimer, I have never installed a remote starter before.
I have everything wired up (soldered connections), and I used a DMM to confirm all of the wires match my wiring diagram. Now, while trying to test out the unit, I am having a couple issues and need your assistance.
When I press the start button on the remote, sometimes the starter will kick over for a few seconds, but the car will not start. Reading the instruction manual Troubleshooting section, it looks like I have an issue with the ignition wiring, but have double checked everything and it should all be correct.
So, one out of every four remote button presses, the above happens. The other three remote button presses don't activate the starter. They just turn on and off the parking lights about 6 times, and then nothing.
I have put the key in the ignition, and turned it to the ON position, and if the starter does kick on, it will start the car.
Any ideas?
-TC
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of bypass module are you using?
that seems to be your issue with the car not starting, sounds like passive anti-theft isnt bypassed correctly
tcoop25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have the XK05 bypass module from xpresskits.com. It was programed for my 2007 Honda Fit by the guy who sold it to me.
I have it hooked up to the remote starter with the D2D. I only have the D2D port hooked up. Do I need to hook anything else from the second harness to it? I assumed the second harness with all the wires was only for starters not compatible with the D2D.
Thanks for the help,
-TC
tcoop25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have definitely narrowed it down to the bypass module. When it is connected in D2D (the 4 wire harness), should the LED turn on (on the bypass module)? The LED on the bypass module has never turned on, so I am not sure if it is working or not.
Any suggestions?
-TC
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have any wires from the bypass module connected to the car? Which ones?
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
u still need to hook up blue, pink, pink/white and purple
tcoop25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I am an idiot. I looked at the XK05 instructions, and at the top it says "this wiring not needed with D2D*"
I assumed it meant I only needed to connect the D2D. I see now that it just means I can omit the starred wires.
So, Looking at the diagram in the link below, I connected the solid violet wire to the ignition data wire, which according to my wiring diagram is the GREEN/ black.
Wired it all up, tested it out, same issue. Shouldn't the LED on the bypass module light up? It is getting power from the D2D harness.
Feels like I am getting close....any ideas?
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=407&productid=346&firmwareid=520
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
thats the wrong install manual for your type of car
your xk05 should be programmed to pkh3 that install manual your following is for the pkh4...wrong install manual
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=403
tcoop25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I realized that about 2 minutes after I posted it. I downloaded the diagram off of the same link you posted, wired it up, and...
It works!
Tried it out a bunch of times and it runs like a champ.
Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated!!!
-TC
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic