cadillac door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asstpumpslimm 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
1995 cadillac fleetwood viper 5900
ok last wire i need to install. when i had the door panel off there was 3 or 4 small wires going to the door latch inside the door. would the white wire in that little bunch be the door trigger im looking for.
and from another thread, someone said i didnt need a relay for the domelight supervision wire b/c it was low current. but the manual says it needs one. what to do
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
use a relay for the dome supervision. you should be able to find the white door trigger wire in the driver side kick panel. nobody here is going to be able to tell you if some wire you found will be the exact wire you need, its just not possible. you need to have a DMM so you can actually TEST the suspect wires so you will know if you have the correct one or not.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
I know there was only one type of Fleetwood for 1995, but this is the full size, rear-wheel-drive model similar to the Chevrolet Caprice and Buick Roadmaster, correct?
If so, there is no door trigger wire inside the door. (Well, I guess you could connect to the courtesy light inside the door panel if you want.)
The door trigger should be pretty easily available right behind the pinswitch that's on the doorjamb in between the two hinges for the driver's door.
asstpumpslimm 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2009 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
I know there was only one type of Fleetwood for 1995, but this is the full size, rear-wheel-drive model similar to the Chevrolet Caprice and Buick Roadmaster, correct?
If so, there is no door trigger wire inside the door. (Well, I guess you could connect to the courtesy light inside the door panel if you want.)
The door trigger should be pretty easily available right behind the pinswitch that's on the doorjamb in between the two hinges for the driver's door.
ok yes its the big rwd similar to the roadmasters and caprices. people keep telling me hook it to the white wire going to the door pin. this car does not have a door pin switch. the only thing between the 2 hinges is the rubber boat where the harness runs through the door.
there are 3 or 4 wires that run to the latch inside the door. if you lift the handle even if the door is locked the domelights come on.
thats why i asked if that would be the same wire as the car doesnt have a door pin
also if i did use the courtesy light in the door. one side measures ground qhwn door is open and 12volts closed i believe so i would hook up the (-) trigger wire correct

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic