icon

viper responder one horn honking problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcoop25 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
I installed the Viper Responder One (4203V) remote starter in a 2007 Honda Fit over the weekend, and almost everything seems to work as it should. There is one very annoying issue that keeps popping up. About once out of every 10 start attempts the car's horn starts honking. It is almost as if the remote starter is going into 'Car Finder' mode, yet I am not holding down the remote button for 3 seconds (I only press and release the button). Anyone know why this might be happening? I really don't even want the car finder mode, is there a way to disable this feature? Is there something I may have done wrong with the install? I did not hook up the horn wire, as the one button remotes don't utilize that feature.
-TC
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

did you do factory alarm disarm? its a white wire in the driver kick meter it by by turning the key in the drivers door.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
As fcss said, it obviously couldn't be the alarm causing the horn to blare! As you mentioned, you didn't even connect it! Get that factory disarm wire!
tcoop25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
I will definitely recheck the factory disarm wire. I thought I had metered it correctly, but obviously I did not. I hope this is the issue, as it should be a quick and easy remedy.
Thanks for the help, I will update after I have checked (fixed) the disarm wire.
-TC
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2009 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
I've never done a Fit, but I've had similar problems with the disarm wire on Accords.
Basically, Hondas have a switch on the key cylinder which grounds the "arm" or "disarm" wires, depending on which way the key's turned. They also have a switch in the driver's door actuator which grounds one of 2 other wires, depending on whether the actuator is in the locked or unlocked position.
The factory alarm looks to receive a "disarm" signal from the key switch and an "unlocked" signal from the actuator at the same time in order for it to disarm. "Unlocked" alone will cause the alarm to trigger.
"Disarm" and "Locked" at the same time (which happens when a remote starter's factory disarm wire sends a ground pulse prior to a start attempt without unlocking the doors) tends to just confuse the alarm. Sometimes it will disarm, sometimes it won't. I'm not certain if a relayed ground or a longer duration pulse would make a difference.
If this is the case with your Fit as well, there are 2 solutions which I can vouch for:
1. Use a data module for doorlock integration. This will disarm more reliably.
2. Have the doors unlock while pulsing the disarm wire prior to remote start, and relock them during cranking.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
tcoop25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, I finally had time to check on my factory alarm disarm wiring. I did wire it up wrong the first time. I found the correct wire, which shows 12V, and then when I turn the key in the door lock it opens the circuit.
So, does this mean I need to wire in a relay off of the GREEN/ black wire from the viper harness, and have the relay open the circuit to disarm the factory alarm? Which relay should I use?
-TC

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic