icon

scion tc alarm, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
captain d2 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I've been coming into this web for quite a while for help but have only just registered.  Thanks in advance to all the members for their advice has been helpful to me in the past. 

I have a minor problem with a 08 Scion, my background is pretty decent, though this is only my second 'season' of doing RS installs.  I had a customer call in and ask if I would install a Viper kit that she didn't buy from us.  I told her that I would even though we sell AstroStart (I guess they couldn't be THAT much different).  After getting the kit, I realized it was also an alarm system, which was ok, with me.  The problem:  I cannot find the Blue(-) Pass. Doorpin wire.  I swear that I have metered Every Single Blue wire in and around that fuse cluster.  I have found the connectors with the Driver Door pin and the Trunk pin.  I either need to find this wire, or see if I can get around it by using the Dome Light sensor for an alarm trigger. 

There are 2 wires for Dome Light and I'm not sure which to use with the Viper Kit.  I have never used the Dome Light sensor, even on the AstroStarts.  I understand that with Dome Light Delays there can be problems with the arming.  Although I did notice that the dome lights do turn Off as soon as the doors are locked. 

If anyone can help find the passenger door pin wire I'd be so happy.  Finding that wire, and the fact that I had no idea how different the Viper kit was, turned into a fourteen hour day last Friday.  I eventually had to move her to tomorrow!  I'm glad she's not in a hurry, but I'd like to figure this out. 

Thanks again to any comments and Hello to all.

d2

el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
hey bro, ive been out of the business for a year or so, but my notes on the scion tc 07 say that is a blue wire and that covers all the doors even the rear if its a four door, its a plug to the left of the fuse block, check to see if the pin swithc is not rusted toyota and honda are very know for rusted pin switches. if u got a blue wire like u said than it must be a bad pin switch, if u tag to the dome lights i think it has a built in delay. good luck
rocker
captain d2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I have tied into the blue dome light wire and hoping for the best. This car isn't seeming so bad now that I have it back here, but we'll see when I get to the testing part (damn reponder remotes still charging!) Thanks for the reply, El.
I think I like these viper kits. Astro is a damn good brand, imho, but it seems they have been put on the backburner since DEI got a hold of them. Cheers.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Use the dome light, even if it has a delay you can eliminate it from the alarm! Check the manual for the program setting! The above is assuming you haven't located the actual door pin wire!
captain d2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, t&t. I ended up going to the doorpin wire in the passenger running board. I thought I kept getting the error report "door open" because of the dome light delay. But, now that I have isolated the two doorpin wires with diodes I am Still getting the error report when I unlock the door.
Keep in mind I have very little knoweledge about these Viper kits. Is there something wrong with my wiring? I have the two door pin wires going into the Green (-) doorpin trigger wire on the RS. Diode isolated with the cathode to the vehicle wiring. Not sure why, but the alarm still works as it should, I just don't know what that message on the remote means!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

If you're getting a second chirp upon arming the system and it reports as the door error, then one of your door pins is faulting or somewhere along the line the wires are making contact with the frame of the vehicle! Individually remove the door pins from where they both connect to the alarm, start with passenger side, once it's removed, arm the system and see if you still get the error, if you don't the your passenger pin is faulting, if you still get it, eliminate the driver door, verify that you don't get it after this if you do, then the green wire of the h1 harness is grounding or you have a faulty unit(highly unlikely). If the error goes away reconnect the passenger side, ensure it doesn't fault and rectify your defective pin!

Post back if you're still unclear!

captain d2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
OK. Thanks again for the help, but my wiring was fine. The problem directly relates to me not reading the Manual! I had to turn the ignition on for it to clear the old "tripped zone" memory. I think I am getting the hang of this! (?)
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Oh! I thought you were getting a door trigger chirp on arming! I need to read more carefully! lol! Cheers!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic