icon

528t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
garydp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

I've read a thousand posts (almost) on the 528t for a wait to start signal on a diesel engine and have one question to make sure I understand what happens.  Following the standard and well posted wiring, I assume that the "wait to start" signal to the remote starter is always positive and, when activated by the remote signal, the time starts and then turns the signal negative for the wait to start signal (light on dash would be off) and the engine can start....is that correct?  If so, when does it go back to positive?  Sorry if I'm duplicating but I just want to make sure I've got it right.  Thanks

garydp 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, it's a 2002 Ford F-250 superduty with diesel
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
when the "wait to start" input wire on the remote start unit sees 12v, it prevents the remote start unit from putting 12v on the starter ignition wire until the voltage is removed from the wait to start input wire. thats all you are doing with the 528t, simply applying voltage to wait to start input wire of the R/S, which in turn keeps the starter motor from activating until the 528t times out and the voltage is removed. you adjust the length of time depending on how long you need for the glow plugs to get warm.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
Should you need a glow plug delay on a 2002?. N.B.  Not all wait to srarts are pos, also most better R/S units can be programmed for diesel and/or via pos or neg glowplug, so 508d not needed, also I think the inst. panel warning light on your vehicle is data so don't go near it.
garydp 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for the replies.  Instead of a timer, I think I can take a wire (small wire that activates the relay) from the glow plug relay on the engine, to the wait to start input.  That way it's a true signal instead of guessing with a timer.  Anything wrong with that?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic