icon

scratchy noise at low volume with new jvc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
i installed a new double din jvc tv. in a customers 2004 excursion today and at a low volume the mids and highs sound scratchy or distorted. after its turned up to about 12 on the deck they sound great but at lower volumes it sounds horrible. the system consist of 4 kenwood 5x7s a kenwood 4 channel and an amp and sub. the sub sounds fine. im assuming the amp is filtering out the distortion maybe cause its a higher frequency? everything else worked fine until the jvc was installed. im assuming its the tv? anyone had this before? the tv was new in box. not refurbished. any ideas? should i just put a line out for him?
keep_hope_alive 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
i imagine the issue is inside the JVC - assuming that the problem didn't exist with a different head unit (ruling out the amp). i would swap it out for a different one and see if the problem remains.
course, i've also seen amps behave poorly at low volumes and well at higher volumes. specifically i've seen Alpine MRP amps do weird things at low volumes, but after you got the signal high enough, it would work fine. i attribute it to poor solder connections inside the amps.
Electrons behave like waves on monday, wednesday, and friday, like particles on tuesday, thursday, and saturday, and like nothing at all on sunday.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic