Posted: November 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
viper 5900 1995 cadillac fleetwood
ok like i said before im no pro but i can do a good bit with 12volt systems
anyway problem 1
manual only list lock wires as
light blue (+) lock (-) unlock output
empty            not used
green        (-) lock (+) unlock output
i hooked them to the lock actuator in the drivers door. it doesnt lock or unlock from the viper remote
did i miss something, do i have to use a relay it doesnt specify any of this in the book
problem 2
the factory arm/disarm
both light green wires coming from the theft module on the back dash both test ground. which is the arm and which is the disarm, does it matter and do i need to hook up the factory arm
problem 3
the remote start will crank and shutoff right away. manual talks about the immobilizer is there anything else i should look for
and finally problem 4
the light flash outside the car. i tested and found the wire on the back of the light switch. only wire that tested 0 off and 12v on rolling the dimmer made a .02 change. but if the alarm is triggered the interior lights all flash.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
1. you need relays to drive accuators, if you have installed them... lock and unlock is positive, make sure your wire arent backwards, and make sure you have the right wires.
2. light green is disarm, but if you installed acuators then there is no disarm wire needed, because there is no alarm. if you didnt install actuators, then test to see if li9ght green goes negative by turn key in cyclinder.
3. there shouldnt be an immobilizer in a 95 fleetwood , if there is , it would be vats, and should have a chip in the shaft of the key. try running a tach wire.
4. interior lights such as radio speedo lights or dome lights?, the speedo and radio and such should flash if the light up with the parking lights, but if its the dome light you have a different issue.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

problem 1

the lock wire in the car is lt. blue and the unlock wire is white, both wires are found inside the car in the driver kickpanel, can also be found in the passenger kickpanel high up

connect the blue wire from the DEI alarm to the lt. blue wire in the car, connect the green wire from the DEI alarm to the white wire in the car

problem 2

I can only find info on the factory disarm wire, factory arm is only through the factory remote, so I am pretty sure if you don't use the factory remote the alarm will not arm therefore you will never have to disarm the factory alarm

problem 3

you need to use a bypass module to bypass factory immobilizer this can be done by using products from idatalink, etc

problem 4

you have the wrong wire, the correct wire can be found kind of behind and up above the fusepanel, kind of near the light switch harness, the wire is positive and it is gray/black

asstpumpslimm 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
ill check the lock wires out tomorrow when i have some light. like i said they went directly from the alarm to the driver door lock actuator. that hopefully will be an easy fix tomorrow
when i find the lt. blue and the white is one, two or no relays needed at all
im just going by whats in the book and what i have read, as far as bypass i snipped the vats wire and wired in the correct resisor that match the value in the key. it starts and drives no problem just when i hit remote start it cranks and dies right away, then it tries again with the same results
when i set the alarm off to check the light flash, the relay for domelight supervision is clicking and the interior lights flash. is that right. i could have sworn i was dead on with the wire on the light switch for the outside light flash i'll also check that tomorrow.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  
Ref your last comment asst? Ever heard of the magical first rule of installation?  TEST.
asstpumpslimm 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
ok damn mosquitoes and night got me for now,
honest mistake with the door locks, switched the wires and those are done and working
parking light flash wire also was wrong but tested exactly the same as the manual suggested and also tested the same as the correct wire for the light flash. my lightswitch harness doesnt go behind and above the fuse panel. it goes across under the guage cluster behind the radio then into a big harness nothing is above my fuse panel. and the wire was a light yellow not gray/black, gray/black was the wire on the back of the light switch that tested the same, go figure
as for the remote start metz35 said run a tach wire. i already had that done. why else would it crank and die and how to fix it.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

the car starting and then shutting off right away usually means bad tach signal or the bypass isn't working properly

asstpumpslimm 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
well tommorow i'll check it out. hopefully just a bad tach signal. as i mentioned for the bypass i snipped the vats wires and wired in a resistor, i drive the car everyday so the bypass must be working right, or do i need something else
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Put your key in the ignition and try to remote start it. If it starts then it is your VATs Wiring.
asstpumpslimm 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
i just got this taken care of last night, had a bad connection going to the tach it all good now

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic