icon

new dvd, cd unit problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
infoseeker 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Hi new to the forum, have problem with Installed dvd cd nav system in 2000 impala with amp but no onstar. factory  wiring to aftermarket deck harness will still allow in dash warning lights to be active when the harness was to stop this from happening. Now i have low tire light on dash and have to put factory radio back in  to reset it. How do i stop this from happening again. Also when they installed the deck i had backup cam installed with the deck and it will not come on, we think it's because the dvd unit needs to be grounded every time you use the dvd. we had it grounded to factory ground wire instead of ebreak. Can anyone tell me what to do too fix these things. thank you

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
I think they make a relocation harness for that vehicle.  It allows you to relocate the factory radio to the trunk of the vehicle.  This way you can access the functions of the OEM unit.  Some radios look at the E Brake wire at power up, it must not be grounded when the unit powers up.  You really shoud connect it to the E Brake wire.  The brand and model of your deck would help.
infoseeker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry can't help you with the brand or the model, got the dvd player from a friend in china it has no brand name. We have bought one more since then and we got it working just fine. we grounded it to the factory wiring and it works. It is a hide away 7 inch screen the other is a 7 also but does not hide away. We think this could be the problem,It may need to be grounded every time you play the dvd. This does not solve the problem with the backup cam, maybe it's not hooked up right. As for the other thing, I did think of the harness to run the factory radio in the trunk may have to do this, know where the best place to get this harness from. thanks for the infomation and the quick answer, I tryed to answer back shortly after you but something would not let me post. hope this one works for me. thanks again.  Bradley G
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a wire labeled reverse light?  No idea about your Chineese unit but most of the units use that wire to automatically switch to that source.
infoseeker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, now I have ordered the bypass harness to relocate the factory radio in the trunk, went back to the place where i had the deck installed and asked if i use the relocation harness, will i have any problems with the intergration wire harness that lets the door chime work and other things that the radio used and controled. Or will the new harness replace that harness, will i even need that one anymore. If someone can answer this for me i would be very happy.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic