icon

Wiring on Gentex mirror from 2000 GM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2226cc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2003 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

I just received a Gentex mirror from a 2000 GM of some sorts. This is the autodimming mirror with OnStar interface. This is intended for use on my project Audi. This mirror has a power button on the front and 3 buttons which I think are intended for the OnStar system. It also has a small display in the upper right which is for the compass. Around the back, as part of the mirror mount, is the small circuit board for the compass input. On the bottom edge of the mirror there seems to be a microphone (looks like one).

I need to find out what the wiring output is for this unit, but all I have found online (and through this forum) is wiring and installation for the non-OnStar items. Has anyone retrofitted this item to another vehicle?

The connector on the back of the mirror has 16 pins, but 3 of them do not have wiring. Pins 1, 6 and 7 do not have wiring.

What I'd like to do is make use of the 3 OnStar buttons and possibly the microphone. What would be the best way to go about figuring this unit out? I'll be disassembling it in a few minutes to see what I can find.

Thanks for any info on this.

1989 Audi 200 turbo
2226cc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2003 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Pins 2 and 10 are for the speaker/microphone on the unit. So I have only got 11 pins to go. :)
Most of the pins from about #12 to #16 seem to be ground. Figured this out by run a continuity test on my multimeter and found out that one of the LEDs lights up. Joining from some of the pins to the other end of the LED gives varying degrees of brightness.
Any help here would really be appreciated.
1989 Audi 200 turbo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic