icon

volume for breaking in a sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daniel gt1 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
yea guys..what volume number on the deck , do you use when breaking in the sub ?..Volume 30,40?...what volume..thx in advance :)
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
There is no break in.
See the tuning guide sticky.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
What if your radio only goes up to 30...? volume for breaking in a sub -- posted image.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
What if your radio only goes up to 30...? volume for breaking in a sub -- posted image.
You could get an expansion kit.
But I recommend biting the bullet and converting to metric.
A 0-100 scale will be louder anyhow.
And for those that are trying to save greenhouse gases, a 0-10 scale will reduce power consumption.
You should be able to get stick-on scales for hard-panels & displays.
For digital scales, contact the manufacturer for a firmware update.
Ask for the ghetto-blaster or gas-retentive version as desired (0-100 or 0-10 respectively).
BTW - for hippy-style musicians, you can probably get the 0-11 firmware - it still helps save the planet, but gives you that extra bit of volume.
daniel gt1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
yimke wrote:
There is no break in.
See the tuning guide sticky.
so why the12volt site recommends that you "break in" your sub b4 use ?...btw..where's the guide sticky ?
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Here ya go...enjoy the reading...! https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73120~PN~1~TPN~2#post ...It starts on page 2...Go back a page to start from the beginning...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
daniel gt1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2009 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
Here ya go...enjoy the reading...! https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73120~PN~1~TPN~2#post ...It starts on page 2...Go back a page to start from the beginning...!
thanks tommy..i realy appeciate the assistance :D
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  

tommy... wrote:

It really amazes me with how important this is to some customers.  Most of my customers.  Years ago i had a used Alpine deck for sale, a potential customer asked me how high does the volume go.  I told him that the gain on his amplifier would determine how loud it would go.  He proceeded to explain the question a little better.  I answered "it counts up to 33"  His boy said "Man don't buy that one, that JVC goes up to 50."  I lost that sale that day.  Just yesterday a similar situation occured, two guys came in looking at double din dvd/monitor units.  They were real interested in the pioneer avhp-3200dvd.  He asked me if I could turn the speakers off, I did, he then began spinning the volume knob, when it got to 51, he stopped and looked at his buddy.  Then continued up to 60.  At that point he stopped and said he wanted it. 

oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
That reminds me of my stupid Piazza Man - he used to cut the pizza into 6 pieces despite knowing how hungry I was. He now cuts it into 8 pieces if I'm hungry.
I agree with you Idiot. It's just a case of educating the ignorant.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

Yes...Love trying to explain this one...oldspark...Think i might throw the pizza one in next time...Thanks to your brain/wit...!

i am an idiot wrote:

tommy... wrote:

It really amazes me with how important this is to some customers.  Most of my customers.  Years ago i had a used Alpine deck for sale, a potential customer asked me how high does the volume go.  I told him that the gain on his amplifier would determine how loud it would go.  He proceeded to explain the question a little better.  I answered "it counts up to 33"  His boy said "Man don't buy that one, that JVC goes up to 50."  I lost that sale that day.  Just yesterday a similar situation occured, two guys came in looking at double din dvd/monitor units.  They were real interested in the pioneer avhp-3200dvd.  He asked me if I could turn the speakers off, I did, he then began spinning the volume knob, when it got to 51, he stopped and looked at his buddy.  Then continued up to 60.  At that point he stopped and said he wanted it. 

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic