the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

alarm only triggers off of front doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
corrollaman 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a avital DEI 2200. Only the front door pins are activating the alarm and not the rear door pins.  Any ideas would be helpful. It is a 96 Corrolla. What I found was that RED / White (-) was for the doors. I have a violet wire from the brain that says to goto door trigger (+) but I could not find this.
ajm
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

Where are you finding your trigger on the car?

ALL door is that color, but it's on the fuse panal itself. (its the dome light wire)

Now if your dome light doesn't come on when you open the back doors.... you have bad door pins. (it happens)

corrollaman 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

Where are you finding your trigger on the car?

ALL door is that color, but it's on the fuse panal itself. (its the dome light wire)

Now if your dome light doesn't come on when you open the back doors.... you have bad door pins. (it happens)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOOR TRIGGER RED / WHITE (-) or BLACK (-)  @ PLUG, TOP of FUSEBOX, See NOTE *1
I was just tapping into the RED / white wire in the kick panel(@plug)...  So it sounds like I tapped the wrong wire....  It gave me an option on the wiring diagram I downloaded.. @PLUG or TOP of FUSEBOX.... So would I be correct in assuming that I would logically need 4 wires coming from the brain for my hookup to work and that I need to tap the fusebox wire to get all doors working.. Sounds Logical to me.. it was late last night when i gathered the confidence to even attempt this install.. hehe  I was de-virginized by this experience as an alarm installer.  :)

ajm
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Positive door trigger is unnecessary to connect to your vehicle. That's just a feature that allows the alarm to work on other cars, mostly Fords, which have positive switched door pins.
In your case, the rear door pin switches should be easily accessible. Look for signs of physical damage, not at all uncommon on that old of a car. Also unscrew them from the body and check the wire terminals for corrosion.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
corrollaman 
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

It was 12 O'clock by the time I got the system installed and stuff... I just went out to my car and everything is working fine.. lol   I Swear it didnt work last night  hehe.. Thank you for your time..

ajm
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

A 96 Corolla has common door wires, you can safely go to the domelight. N.B. On that car, use the green - trigger, ignore the purple, incidentally does opening your rear doors bring on the dome light? Your door trigger feed should be RED / white with 2 white or silver dots at intervals.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry KTM and Chris, I somehow missed your posts! Talk about repeating the obvious about checking to see if the back doors worked the dome light. Incidentally in UK cars, that wire was in a plug readily accessible in the driver's kickwell, just follow the main loom coming from the rear, a few branch off into that plug.
corrollaman 
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well, going to the RED / White(-) worked out just fine. I was up pretty late finishing trying to conceal the wires which was absoutely ridiculous. I walked out to my car and disarmed, then unlocked the rear door, closed and armed. Then opened the rear door and the alarm was triggered.
ajm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic