icon

immobilizer bypass choice, 2008 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07sctc 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
yeah i have the status hooked up also. everything is hidden from sight so my wife sill be clueless until she opens the box with the key fob on christmas.
shouldnt all keys should work for programming? the all have the chip, the only difference is cut of the key do you cant open the glovebox with the valet key. i have used valet keys before in 556u and they work fine.
all connections are ok.
rx and tx are hooked at the harness that comes off the key cylinder
key sense is hooked in another harness that comes off the key cylinder. i metered the keysense wire to make sure it is correct and it is, (goes to ground when key inserted)
blue/wht status wire on pkall is hooked to the blue/white status from the brain.
it just will not program. those of you that have been successful with this unit, did you program it the way it says in the manual? when did you release the program button?
it isnt a wiring error, it is either a programming or bypass unit problem.
any more help would be great since i will only have a few more chances to get at the install without my wife finding out.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

The led may come on as soon as connector 1 is inserted. If that is the case release the button & insert connector 2 then insert master key in cylinder & don't turn it. Try this & see if it will program.

07sctc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
after inserting the key how long does it take to program? the led did come on pretty much as soon as I inserted the first plug, I inserted the second plug and the led stayed solid. I released the button after putting in the second plug. I the inserted the key and the led stayed solid. I let it sit there for about a minute before unplugging it.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try releasing  the button once the led comes on, then insert the 2nd plug. If everything goes well, the led should start flashing 10 times  2 to 3 seconds later after you insert the key. Are you using the master key ? Also check your rx & tx wires, make sure they are NOT reversed !
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

Even tho the valet key has a chip in it, it is not the same. A master must be used for programming. This is so even if you take your truck to the dealer to get a spare key made, they need a master key.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
07sctc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have two black keys and one gray, both the black key should be master keys right? it will be a few days before I will have a chance to try it again. I barely pulled the install off last night with out her finding out.
07sctc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
thanks to all helped, I got the pkall programmer today. I tried both black keys and the second one worked for programming. I put the antenna behind the a pillar panel and hid the led under the dash so the install is stealth. I wrapped the key fob also and it is now under the tree.
does anybody know where to tap into the factory beep the factory keyless uses?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic