icon

alpine imprint system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
licto 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

Wow, everything that Diyon said is EXACTLY what happened to my system...... 9887, alpine 4100, etc......

Had the imprint done twice.....  same results.  One exclusion, the staging was crap in my vehicle.  I have since gone to the Alpine SQ guru in my area and he says,  TURN IT OFF and tune by ear / hand.  If you are using Imprint, there is no adjusting anything when it comes to freq.....  or taking a look at what was sampled and or stored.

I have since hand entered all the values for distance.....  and run the unit mostly flat and it sounds much better to me.

My 2 cents.......

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

blackcivichatch wrote:
Ouch.
Thats really unfortunate to hear.
Can you even Completely Manually adjust the eq??

Yes, and "completely manually" creates FAR better results, IMO.  It is pretty time consuming, however, and probably pretty intimidating to the average user.  The Auto EQ is either on or off, unfortunately, and not user adjustable once it's loaded.  You can, however, use a computer connected to the Imprint processor and adjust the settings then reload them back into the device, but I did not try this method.

Support the12volt.com
blackcivichatch 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
`Yes, and "completely manually" creates FAR better results, IMO.  It is pretty time consuming, however, and probably pretty intimidating to the average user.  The Auto EQ is either on or off, unfortunately, and not user adjustable once it's loaded.  You can, however, use a computer connected to the Imprint processor and adjust the settings then reload them back into the device, but I did not try this method.

Ok. Well Thats better.
I'm Really trying to keep my current system All Alpine, And I dont know of any other Alpine EQ other than Imprint.
UNLABELED Custom Car Club President
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
We had a customer bring in an Alpine system for us to install today and he had one of these modules. It was in an 07 Expedition and included two PDX amps, 2 sets of Alpine comps, and a Kicker sub. First; the signal sense didn't work so I had to run a turn-on to the accessory. Then I started tuning. I found the Alpine speakers to sound horribly bright and was hoping the auto EQ would take care of this. Well it didn't. And for some reason it set the sub level WAY down to where you couldn't hear it. I ran through the setup process twice and couldn't get any output on the sub. It was fine during the "gain setting" phase so I know it wasn't an install issue. It won't let you run the thing without running the auto EQ. And I couldn't figure out a way to bypass it. Since it was getting late in the day, we finally had to Y the rear outputs and use that for the sub amps input so the customer would have some bass. Now we have to figure out a solution.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

I "had" an Alpine PXE-H650 in my 06 Civic. OE deck, Xtant 4x100, 1x600 Hybrid Audio Legatia 7/3/tweet. Image IDQ10

The thing to notice here is the term "had" This thing was total crap! As you found out the auto turn on did not work... the first pain.

Then if turned on by the trigger I had to run.... it wouldn't shut off. From a SQ stand, lame at best. highs so friken high, and lows were

non existant. No volume either. Not user or installer friendly.......... its gone now, so is my stock head. Life is good

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic