Pit Stop Mode? Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

FYI,

In reference to all compustar remote starters and combos.

Pit Stop Mode feature aka Start and Go aka Whatever you call it.

Can it do it? Yes

1way remote: While car is running and key is in the ON position. Auto start the vehicle again while your foot is off the brake. You will  hear mutilple clicks in the dash board remove the car keys and the vehilce will remain running. This is for AUTOMATIC vehicles only.

2way Remote: While car is running and key is in the ON position, auto start the vehicle with foot off the foot brake. You will get a two way confirmation and then you can remove the keys, the vehicle will run for the amount its scheduled for. Default is 15 minutes.

"dont ground out!"
awesome_elec 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible to do this on a manual transmission?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

yes it is.

the only i do not like about the compustar pit stop mode, it takes a few seconds for the unit to power the ignition wires. its not instant like some other units.  But overall a great unit.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, Tedmond...I'm with you on that. If you pull the key too soon, you end up with a very confused vehicle. Sort of a pain in the butt, but I still love my Star.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

lol i have done that before. i hear the siren chirp, yank my key, the car dies then you see ignition power back on and relays click.

i love the compustar, but just the delay between starts/pit stop is a minor issue. bulletproof unit as always.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jaymicas 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
So, how do you get it into stop and go mode with a manual transmission?  Same steps?  I talked to my dealer, and they said that it has to be put into reservation mode first before the remote start can take control back, so therefore you need to let the engine stop then arm then restart it again with remote start. 
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
The start of reservation mode on a manual is more or less a pit stop mode. Same procedure, you activate R/S while engine running, the remove key and the vehicle stays running. On my Prostart if I press lock after the doors are closed, it will lock and shut down. But if I press trunk after shutting the doors, it will lock the doors and start the 15 min. run time. I'm sure most other units will have a way of doing this.
Keith

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic