icon

hifonics set up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loud?no_louder! 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2009 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hello there I haves a hifonics collosus and I have ordered 6 Brutus 12" subs for my car I want to put them in the back seat of my 94 fleetwood the thing is when it comes building the enclosure I don't know much so can some one help me out ported sealed fiberglass or not?
Kandycaddy33
armymp90099 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ok first off make sure your charging system can handle that amp because my charging system is suffering now because i was impatient. As far as your question i would generally like to build ported but ported will be difficult to build properly if youve never done it before. What I would recommend is a sealed wood box built properly in the back seat with 3 facing toward the ceiling and the other 3 facing forward. Make sure you make the box the proper size and keep in mind getting the box in and out of your back seat through the door opening. Hope this helps.
-ETS-
Escape The Scilence
pcana11 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
i would do the same but make the box two pieces so that you can get it in and out. also try leaving the subs disconnected until you get the box in and maybe attach the two boxes together by bolts or screws, plus it would be lighter to carry
loud?no_louder! 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
What would u do add another alternator u think it would b easy to find a high output alternetor for my car?
Kandycaddy33
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you can get H/O alts for it. Try Iraggi or Ohio Generators. Both have stores on the bay.
hifonics set up -- posted image.
loud?no_louder! 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got the the hifonics brutus subs in today and to tell u the truth I'm disapointed they look cheap I got different subs I got one 12 Phoenix gold titaniam series some kicker solbarics and some mtx 5500 and they all look way better does any one have ever owned a some of this hifonics subs? Still have to build the box to c if they sound good If y'all owened some of this can y'all tell me what's your experiamce with them! Please no smart ass responds
Kandycaddy33
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
there was a guy here running them in the local contests here. 4 12s and i think the 2000 so called watt hifonics amp. The box had a competition port and could be covered to make it sealed. The best number i saw him do this year saw was 143db(outlaw style with the SPL port in place). For the cone area and power(he is supposed to have) he was getting his butt handed to him pretty well.
loud?no_louder! 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Well tell u the truth I don't want this system for comps there is very I mean very few peps that have interest in audio any where near I live so I have no one to trade back ideas till I found this! So what you think about a slot ported box?
Kandycaddy33
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
loud?no_louder! wrote:
Well I got the the hifonics brutus subs in today and to tell u the truth I'm disapointed they look cheap
You're surprised? HiFonics is CRAP now... (not that it was ever spectacular, as far as I am concerned) It's Maxxsonics... Might as well reside under the Directed umbrella... It's crap! Swap-o-rama gear, at best. High-end swap-o-rama, sure, but there's SO MUCH BETTER for the money.
loud?no_louder! wrote:
I got different subs I got one 12 Phoenix gold titaniam series some kicker solbarics and some mtx 5500 and they all look way better does any one have ever owned a some of this hifonics subs? Still have to build the box to c if they sound good If y'all owened some of this can y'all tell me what's your experiamce with them!
You're an SPL guy at heart, aren't you?
loud?no_louder! wrote:
Please no smart ass responds
i am an idiot wrote:

LOL I guess that's ONE way to avoid the smart@$$ responds!
(How'm I doin', avoiding the smart ass responds? See... You leave a post with a closing line like that, and you're GOING to get 'em...    In spades, my friend! And likely not just from me! Just sayin'...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
loud?no_louder! wrote:
Well tell u the truth I don't want this system for comps there is very I mean very few peps that have interest in audio any where near I live so I have no one to trade back ideas till I found this! So what you think about a slot ported box?
Honestly you would have been better off with 2 GOOD 12s or 15s both in sound quality and output. If you want 4 more hifonics 12s and a hifonics amp he is selling his stuff. Cheap too. I know its not what you want to hear now, but sometimes we have to learn the hard way.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic