icon

so close w/ viper 5701.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kracker402 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

Alright, heres the deal.  I bought my wife the little pink 5701 alarm & remote start for her truck.  I have done alarm and remote start installs on a few other vechicles and never had any kind of problem.  Not the case with this one. 

The truck is a 2007 tundra.  Right now I have everything working except for the damn remote start.  Door locks, parking lights, shock sensor, etc...all work fine.  When I go to remote start it, I get 7 flashes "Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized".  I have programed the remote several times (and seemingly correctly w/ correct number of chirps and confirmation sound).

Heres how I programmed it to auto mode:

1. Open car door.
  2. Cycle ignition key ON then OFF. Do the next step within 10 seconds.
  3. Press and hold valet switch until LED flashes 3 times (siren chirps 3 times), then release.
  4. Press and release valet switch once then press and hold. Siren chirps once.
  5. While still holding the valet switch, press UNLOCK button of transmitter. Siren chirps 2 times.
  6. Release valet switch. Cycle ignition key ON then OFF.

I have the toggle switch installed and on.

I have the Neutral safety switch installed to a good ground (truck is an auto).

OEM starter wire was cut with the violet H3/4 going to the starter and the Green going to the key side (H3/5)

Tach wire is off OBDII wire.

Brake input is hooked up correctly.

I'm using a XK05 bypass...which I'm not a 100% is working correctly, but if it was messed up, the truck would still at least try to start.

This was suppose to be an early Christmas present and I was going to surprise her when she got home the other day with it, but instead I just had all the guts ripped out of the interior of our truck.  With a fancy pink security system and no remote start. 

I have all the wires drawn out...so just ask me about any wires that you think might be the problem.

Thanks in advance!!

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
Every thing works ......except.... lol
Probably not a wire problem. The new viper series have an extreme delay in LED lights. So for programming for menu 3, make sure you let go of the valet button when you see the first flash for menu 3. Otherwise you are programming in menu 1 on accident. That or get a bit-writer.
kracker402 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

yimke wrote:
Every thing works ......except.... lol
Probably not a wire problem. The new viper series have an extreme delay in LED lights. So for programming for menu 3, make sure you let go of the valet button when you see the first flash for menu 3. Otherwise you are programming in menu 1 on accident. That or get a bit-writer.

lol...well, almost everything works.  I'm pretty sure I'm in the 3rd menu (three chirps and three LED blinks).  I'm going to retry it again, because I don't know if it knows its an auto car or if its something else.  What else could be causing that damned fault??

onexl85 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
im having the exact same issue with my 5701............i hit the remote start and the 2 way remote makes a sound(negative sound) flashes amber then the main module clicks 3 times i dont no what to do im absolutly stumped........ive never had a problem with a starter before
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
If it's an auto don't those babies have to be reprogrammed for auto gear boxes?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yes they must be programmed for auto tranny!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
1 of three things.... A) you do not have the unit properly programmed for automatic transmission    B) you do not have the BLACK/ white NSS wire grounded  or  C) you do not have the valet switch plugged into the brain.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jdmallday1090 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
helo, i am also installing the pink 5701 on a 01 330i and have been trying to get this thing to work for days, i have the exact same problem except i cant even get the alarm to chirp when i open a door turn the ignition on/off and try to program it to automatic transmission mode and also when i try the remote start it does the 7 clicks and im using a bypass module also, dd you ever figure it out?
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
To perform shutdown diagnostics
With the ignition OFF, press and hold the Valet/Program switch.
Turn the ignition ON and then back OFF while holding the Valet/Program
switch.
Release the Valet/Program switch.
Press and release the Valet/Program switch. The LED starts flashing to report
the last shutdown for one minute or until the ignition is turned on, as shown
in the following table:
LED Flashes Shutdown Mode
1 Runtime expired
2 Over-rev shutdown
3 Low or no RPM
4 Transmitter shutdown (or optional push button)
5 (+) Brake shutdown
6 (-) Hood shutdown
7 Timer mode/Turbo mode/Manual mode error *
8 Neutral safety shutdown
9 Low battery (voltage mode)
10 Alarm triggered **
11 Wait-to-start input timed out
(Kracker402)-What's going on with the (Grey) hoodpin wire? Have you changed your settings for the Tach wire (Menu 3/Item 2)Do you have your RS (Blue status output wire connected to the bypass module correctly? You can test to see if its the module by simply inserting the key into the ignition and trying to remote start the vehicle if it starts the module isn't working properly.
**advanced mecp certified
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
(Onex185) Sounds like you may need to set the brain to the proper Tach setting, (Menu 3/Item 2)
**advanced mecp certified

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic