mazda protege 2003

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
muaiad97 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

hi all

i need help please  i installed  remote starter  just  starter  with out  lock  unlock in this car  working good but the problem is  after remote starting the car  and the car locked by original remote  canot unlock  i meen the  factory  remote control  dosnt work i have to stope the starter and unlock the door  i tried  to disarm  with the  Light green  wire  but still dosnt work  so now the costomer dosnt like it  to use the key to unlock the car  any  idea  please 

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,671
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

A lot of OEM keyless entry modules do not work when the ignition is powered.  This is not an uncommon issue.  You have 2 options that may help you.  One is to find the keyless module (If it is a separate module) and figuring out which wire on that module gets 12 volts on it when the key is turned on.  Cut that wire and see if it works now.  Second option is if the car has 2 ignition wires that you powered with the remote start module, try disconnecting them one at a time to see if the second wire is the one that is powering the module.  Try this with the accessory wires also.

Audiovox has the following info on the location of the Keyless entry module.  AT MODULE TO THE LEFT OF THE BRAKE

muaiad97 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
thank u for replay   this car has 2 ACC wire  so you mean  disconect one wire from the key cylender or from remote starter   becaus if the car running with the key  the remote still dosnt work  and if i disconect one acc  wire the heater blower  still gona work or not  i didnt try that
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,671
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  

All that info was from before I located the module for you.  The Keyless module is to the left of the brake pedal, use a volt meter and test the wires leading into the module.  You will find one wire that goes to 12v when the key is turrned on.  This is the wire you need to cut.  Make sure you leave enough slack to reconnect it.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Also just to confirm, DO NOT disconnect an ignition wire from the key cylinder, do it at the module, to the left of the brake pedal, easy to get to if you lie with your back down facing to the inside of the dash, you will see the module, you can test easily from this position if someone else assists you with turning on the ignition, or you could call me i'd do it all alone, lol, just kidding! Cheers, good luck.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic