icon

has anyone used a 2g iphone sim card in t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the service would work. The only thing that could/would happen is AT&T would reprovision your data service up to the $30 they charge for 3G iPhone users. That would likely happen once they see 3G access/usage from your phone.
bloob 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Yes the service would work. The only thing that could/would happen is AT&T would reprovision your data service up to the $30 they charge for 3G iPhone users. That would likely happen once they see 3G access/usage from your phone.
actually you could call at&t and have then cancel any possible data services to your number. after confirming this has been done, switch your sim card to the newer device. worked like a charm for me. I've had my 3g on normal service for over a year now
danbernet 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
clark55 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has slipped another accounts 2G Iphone Sim card in a 3G iphone and what were the results?
I would really like a new IPhone. But since I don't have 3G in my area I see no reason to upgrade my service as of yet. Just curious if the old service will work on the new phone.
Thanks,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic