icon

bitwriter alternative

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigpoppa69 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, i just installed my avital 4103 remote starter, everything went pretty easy, got the door locks and all that stuff to work but theres a big problem. the remote starter works, but not on the first try. i press the remote start button, the car tries to start, but doesnt make it, if i press the remote start button again, the car will start up. obviously i want the car to start up on the first try. i didnt connect the tach wire, i wanted to use the virtual tach (tachless) operation. so the manual says to get a bitwriter and program it to start longer. i really dont wanna buy a bitwriter, but i read on the internet there is a way to connect the remote starter module to my laptop and program it with a pc interface. that would be sweet. does anyone know where i can get this pc program or anything like it? or should i just go ahead and connect the tach wire?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Program it manually.... or hook up tach and do it properly.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
program it manually like zerepdivad said. No such program exists to allow you to program through a PC rather than a bitwriter.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  
This goes back to the days about 5 or 6 years ago when Clifford told us the Wiz programming could be used through a Palm or Winmobile system, well 5 or 6 PDA phones later I finally gave up. Now have old laptop with Wiz and Bitwriter.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
Hook the tach up and do it right.
Kevin Pierson
sroake4 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have the part number for the 3-pin to 4-pin bitwriter cable needed for the Avital 4103 ? It uses the D2D port. I can make the cable too if anyone has the pinout.
stever
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
It has been 25 hours since you asked this question.  How long do you think it will take you to connect the tach wire?
sroake4 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

I agree, hook up the tach. The vitual tach has not worked well for me. If you buy a bitwriter, make sure it has version 2.7 software and comes with the 3-pin (bitwriter side) to 4-pin (D2D side on 4103) cable.

stever
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Cliffnet Wiz is not a replacement for a bitwriter though. He might interpret that for what he's heard around the grapevine about programming an Avital through a computer instead of a bitwriter.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Far as I know there was never a way to programme Avital except manually. Incidentally bitwriter and wiz were/are incompatible with another. They're completely different software systems. Hell you can't even convert wiz to work through a USB, I know I tried, I've simpy aguired an old Thinkpad, shoved Win 98SE on it and the 2.2 wiz programming and I STILL do it faster manually.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic